Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in a really good position as a squad now, that most positions are well filled and that there is good back up in terms of young players. The name of the game is now really about adding quality. We clearly have a "type" we are going for in terms of age profile and type of player. It looks like they want players who've made big moves early in their career, probably because it shows a degree of bravery that is indicative of building an ambitious side that can win. Both of the above lads fit that profile. I'd be delighted to see one or both of them come in.

The squad is close. It needs time to grow and gel together and a sensible number of signings over the next 2-3 windows. Not wholesale changes, but just adding bits of quality on bit by bit not to disrupt the squad too much. I think Silva and Brands know that too. I'd love Lozano here, he fits what Silva wants perfectly and he could have a Richarlinson level impact in my view.

Personally I think we will move for a player on the left, and I always think that was the plan. Silva likely viewed Richarlinson as a number 9, yes one who is quite raw but someone who could play down the middle. He has shown he can do it much earlier than even Silva may have hoped for. I thought it was interesting that even after a couple of quiter games he didn't pluck for Tosun back in. Also after the Fulham game, where Tosun made an impact as a sub and Richarlinson played well from the left he didn't stick with that.

To me it's clear he sees Richarlinson as the number 9, he will play there every week and will only get better. I'm not going to make big predictions about him being better than Lukaku, there's a long way before that (and Lukaku was very very good for us) but I would say there are a couple of key differences which I would suggest make Richarlinson an even brighter prospect than an equivalently aged Lukaku. Firstly he is more of a team player and adaptable. Lukaku you really had to centre a team around, whereas this lad can fulfil different roles, press from the front, contribute when he's to scoring etc. I also believe his mentality looks better in big games. His performance ever doesn't diminish as Lukaku's did and I think he will relish the big stage.

When you add in, we can now build a team behind and around him to help him it is a very exciting prospect. As I said above I like Rashford and I'd sign him all day (particularly on loan) and I even like Jesus but to me they are well behind Richarlinson. Thats the biggest compliment I can pay him.

This is how good Richarlison is he is probably the best striker and the best left winger at the club. He reminds me of Cristiano Ronaldo in that sense although I think he has more end productbthan Ronaldo had at 21. He can also play right wing according to Silva and I have no doubt he would be more than useful as a ''10". He is a pure footballer so we need to enjoy him whilst he is here. I honestly believe he will stay if he thinks he can achieve here. Once Everton touches you and all that. The key to keeping is to get a team of similar quality players but as you say do it sensibly over 2-3 windows so as to keep stability. FA Cup semis and 5th-7th have to be minimum requirement for the rest of the season. Winning the cup and or top 4 would is still possible but them early dropped points may cone back to bite and as for the cup you can guarantee it will be all big teams in the semis if we get there so would need that bit of luck.

Can guarantee one thing with this lad, he won't go missing in the derby, has s perfect me taluty for those types of games, same can probably be said if Digne, Mina, Bernard as well.

Be very surprised if we roll over this time around given we now have a team which seems to have a lot more about it mentality wise.

Evertonians are so strange sometimes. How people can watch us every week and not think Richarlison is a fantastic footballer is beyond me. Ok so the comparisons in this thread were a bit overboard but still he's a great footballer. Whether you think he's better suited to center forward or the wing he's our best player in either position. Richarlison is a fantastic player. Let's enjoy it.

Can’t believe we wasted all that money trying to replace Lukaku when we could’ve just signed Glenn Murray who’s better according to the stats.

Glenn Murray has now been mentioned in here so many times this thread is the top search on google when you type ‘Glenn Murray’

Glenn Murray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back