Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the trades myself but work for a company so it’s a 5 day week on 2 shift
I’m the opposite , once a week is enough for my wife and we never drink at home
I’m a 4 day a week man in the pub lol

lol

I need a wife like that. The days when I really need to stay dry, my wife buys a couple of bottles of rioja, I can't help but get involved.

I swear it was Everton that drove me to this

Yeh OK. 6 goals and no assists is good but not amazing.

He is level with Glen Murray and one ahead of Pereyra.
He's missed 3 matches, there's literally only 3 players in the league with more goals, he's playing in a new role and team, and you're complaining? He's also level with Kane, Sterling, Salah, Mane, Martial, and ahead of the likes of Lukaku, Morata, and Lacazette as long as we're name-dropping for agenda related reasons..

In the trades myself but work for a company so it’s a 5 day week on 2 shift
I’m the opposite , once a week is enough for my wife and we never drink at home
I’m a 4 day a week man in the pub lol

Sorry I know this is off topic but just to reply to @Brisan123

Just on my way to the pub, wife calls and says she is off tomorrow and wants to go to the pub later (after I come back). In the old days I'd have been buzzin but now all I do is fear the hangover.

He's missed 3 matches, there's literally only 3 players in the league with more goals, he's playing in a new role and team, and you're complaining? He's also level with Kane, Sterling, Salah, Mane, Martial, and ahead of the likes of Lukaku, Morata, and Lacazette as long as we're name-dropping for agenda related reasons..

8!!

AHEM: My post earlier on...

Anyway, sorry if I upset anyone.
I stand by my original goal comparisons but genuinely apologise if I then skewed what I or others said.

Hopefully our new darling will prove me wrong against Cardiff and Murray is taken off at half time after a stinker.

Love

Bol

* guaranteed this will get sparked off again later today by some one else taking umbridge to me saying ricco is OK

I am now OUT of this thread until it moves onto his goals on Saturday.

Peace

Last edited:
AHEM: My post earlier on...

Anyway, sorry if I upset anyone.
I stand by my original goal comparisons but genuinely apologise if I then skewed what I or others said.

Hopefully our new darling will prove me wrong against Cardiff and Murray is taken off at half time after a stinker.

Love

Bol

* guaranteed this will get sparked off again later today by some one else taking umbridge to me saying ricco is OK
You're on a roll, fancy letting us know what the Euromillions numbers are while you're at it?

We have a habit of selling players before we get the best out of them in our long history, eg on Bally a commentator stated after we won the 1970 league title - Alan ball a million pounds would not buy this player = sold then 18 months later for £225,000 - Bobby Collins HC this player is past it sold to leeds for a mere £27, 000 to Leeds 2nd to bottom of the old league division 1 - two years later collins had then running for the the n Division one title and PFA footballer of the year - moulding a Leeds side with Giles and Bremner who dirty as they were dominated English football, Collins was replaced and we did win things in phases - Lukaku sold never really a player of his style replaced - unlike when we sold Joe Royle we splashed out big money for Bob Latchford, and ideal replacement, even though Joe had a bit of success with Man City......
If we become a perpetual selling club without replacement - what's the point of a new ground...........

Every club in the world has these tales Joey.

Most players are disloyal, most clubs are all about turning a profit.

If a player wants to leave, theres never any point in keeping them.

Players will come, players will go.

This lad is playing for Brazil, at some point hes going to want to play at a higher level than battling for 6th with us. Sure with the right players we could maybe take a step up, in maybe 2 or 3 years we could POSSIBLY compete, MAYBE. Once the stadium is up and running we should have more money, we should look more attractive as a club, but from Ricos POV thats a lot of maybes, so why woule he "waste" 5 years of his career in the HOPE that we might get CL.

I never blame players who want to leave us, we are a stepping stone club, we are "better than the rest" but not quite on a par with the best, nowhere near truth be told.

So enjoy the players while they are, dont worry about them leaving, cos they will leave, of that there is no doubt.

This lad is playing for Brazil, at some point hes going to want to play at a higher level than battling for 6th with us. Sure with the right players we could maybe take a step up, in maybe 2 or 3 years we could POSSIBLY compete, MAYBE. Once the stadium is up and running we should have more money, we should look more attractive as a club, but from Ricos POV thats a lot of maybes, so why woule he "waste" 5 years of his career in the HOPE that we might get CL.

I never blame players who want to leave us, we are a stepping stone club, we are "better than the rest" but not quite on a par with the best, nowhere near truth be told.

So enjoy the players while they are, dont worry about them leaving, cos they will leave, of that there is no doubt.
In my day we had loyaty players who were sold often wanted to stay - today's game unless you are a multi billion club your squad will never win anything.....

I am not comapring him to origi, I am comparing our fans reaction to Ricco after 10 games to the RS with divok.

Thing is mate, with this lad it's not Everton fans driving media stories about him, the lads getting an increasing amount of very very positive comments from the likes of Neymar, various members of the Brazil national team set up including the manager, positive PR for the player, manager, and club.

Is he the finished article on a level with the likes of Aguerro etc, obviously not, but for once do we actually seem to have someone at the club who has a genuine shot at reaching that level, then I'd say we do. Rest of the season will show just how much the lad is progressing - but if he continues the pace of development, then expect the media coverage and the fans hype to go much higher than the current level.

Sidenote, it shows the huge PR advantage of talking a genuine talent from abroad, single handedly the lads probably changing the perception of the club in various overseas markets already, seethe Brazil managers comments recently about the club etc.

Another reason to go in for Lozano, get a potential top level player who raises the profile of the club where sadly it matters most these days, in the developing markets overseas.

Last edited:

My perception on a player wanting to leave is viewed with the trajectory and ambition shown by the club during their time here.

Given that anyone whose left the past twenty five years, fair play to them, for the first time now though the club is starting to actually show it has intention of not just treading water.

Thing is mate, with this lad it's not Everton fans driving media stories about him, the lads getting an increasing amount of very very positive comments from the likes of Neymar, various members of the Brazil national team set up including the manager, positive PR for the player, manager, and club.

Is he the finished article on a level with the likes of Aguerro etc, obviously not, but for once do we actually seem to have someone at the club who has a genuine shot at reaching that level, then I'd say we do. Rest of the season will show just how much the lad is progressing - but if he continues the pace of development, then expect the media coverage and the fans hype to go much higher than the current level.

Sidenote, it shows the huge PR advantage of talking a genuine talent from abroad, single handedly the lads probably changing the perception of the club in various overseas markets already, seethe Brazil managers comments recently about the club etc.

Another reason to go in for Lozano, get a potential top level player who raises the profile of the club where sadly it matters most these days, in the developing markets overseas.

I agree with all of that, all I would say is I would put Lukaku in the bracket too, especially as a younger player. We always struggled to put quality around Lukaku though, whereas what is exciting now is there is an infrastructure around Richarlinson. None of our players around him are over 30. You have Walcott and Sigurdsson is their late 20's, Bernard & Gomes who are just approaching their mid 20's and lads like Calvert Lewin and Lookman at a similar age. You also have Tosun who's a reliable player to partner him at different moments or take the burden off him if he needs a blow.

I can't get my head around the shouts of get another striker in though (especially a young one). The lad is arguably the brightest young striker in Europe currently, why would you jeopardise his game time? As Martinez did with Lukaku this lad has to be the first name on the team sheet, almost irrespective of form, as he will play his way out of it.

Yes matte, this is right but, we paif best part of 45 mil for him, itis ok for me to make comparisons, people didnt take too well to me doing so.

I love the guy and think he willgo on to be a ledge butttt, right now he i levelwith glen feckin Murray and 2 behind Aguero lol

Let's just give it a ew months before hailing him as the second coming

I agree with all of that, all I would say is I would put Lukaku in the bracket too, especially as a younger player. We always struggled to put quality around Lukaku though, whereas what is exciting now is there is an infrastructure around Richarlinson. None of our players around him are over 30. You have Walcott and Sigurdsson is their late 20's, Bernard & Gomes who are just approaching their mid 20's and lads like Calvert Lewin and Lookman at a similar age. You also have Tosun who's a reliable player to partner him at different moments or take the burden off him if he needs a blow.

I can't get my head around the shouts of get another striker in though (especially a young one). The lad is arguably the brightest young striker in Europe currently, why would you jeopardise his game time? As Martinez did with Lukaku this lad has to be the first name on the team sheet, almost irrespective of form, as he will play his way out of it.
100% agree with this, id rather us go look at other areas if we are going to buy. The way i see it is that the system that Silva has employed at the moment seems to be working, so no reason to change it imo. Yes, we all know that he is more of a left sided forward/winger than in the middle, but because of his skillset, he happens to offer more than what Tosun was. Unless there is a serious change of form, im all for leaving him up front.

I am not comapring him to origi, I am comparing our fans reaction to Ricco after 10 games to the RS with divok.

The thing is mate, Origi scored hadn't scored as many (league) goals in his entire first season as what Richarlinson has scored in November. In all honesty most of our fans are too cautious in what Richarlinson has achieved thus far.

I agree with most of what you say. The team should be built round him. The only thing I disagree with is I want a striker because I believe his best position is on the left. He should be given an odd game off but like you he would invariably be the first name on the team sheet. I believe he will stay as long as we are matching his ambitions which is all we can ask. If we fall below them ambitions he can move on with my blessing as long as he's sensible about it and we get the going rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back