Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brighton played on because Coleman played on when he had the ball and didn't kick it out, when Coleman lost the ball then Brighton were asked to keep kick the ball out of play.

I'm not sure why Bernard was so angry
Ah yeah.
All that anger at the end, including that from Silva was to deflect away from our failings.

Why is Richarlison being played out of position?
Because of our failure to replace Lukaku 18 months on.
As I’ve said before and will say again, it’s us back ten years that, and we are already 18 months into it. It may even be fair to say it will set us back longer the longer we fail to replace

Just heard an absolute cracker "Richarlison needs more protection from referee's" Nah, what he needs is referee's to keep telling him to get up of his arse, and stop rolling around, he'll learn then to stay on his feet, and man up and fight for every ball. Boss player, but also an infuriating player.
He does get utterly manhandled by center backs and it's pretty much always ignored. It wouldn't be if he played for certain clubs but really the way to avoid it is stop trying to get into physical confrontations and that includes his teammates trying to stop hoofing it forward.

He does get utterly manhandled by center backs and it's pretty much always ignored. It wouldn't be if he played for certain clubs but really the way to avoid it is stop trying to get into physical confrontations and that includes his teammates trying to stop hoofing it forward.

Nah mate, seen too much of it now, he just goes down whinging as soon as someone touches him. Instead of crying he should be battling back against the centre - halfs he comes up against. I don't rate Lewin, but Richarlison could take a leaf out of his book, at least Lewin gives as good as he gets, chases every ball down, puts centre - halfs under pressure etc.

I love him, but the sooner he's back out wide the better.

Nah mate, seen too much of it now, he just goes down whinging as soon as someone touches him. Instead of crying he should be battling back against the centre - halfs he comes up against. I don't rate Lewin, but Richarlison could take a leaf out of his book, at least Lewin gives as good as he gets, chases every ball down, puts centre - halfs under pressure etc.

I love him, but the sooner he's back out wide the better.
He's not going back out wide. Marco said as much with his "stop saying we need a striker" speech. All I want is the team to suit him better and stop trying to play up to him like he's Anichebe. Work the ball through midfield and play shorter passes that he can work with and balls in behind. Maybe we can't do this every week but Brighton shouldn't be too good for us to pass the ball.

The lad is a natural goal scorer. Look at the variety of goals he's scored this year. We need to build a team that takes advantage of this better than we have the last month or so.

Richarlison loses possession way too often for a player of his quality. This has to be worked on and improved.

IMO it's showing more with playing in the middle mate, he's just not good enough with his back to goal, instead of trying to hold the ball up and bring other players in when it's called for, his first instinct is too turn and run at defenders, he then ends up taking one too many on and loses the ball, or just runs into a dead end and being tackled.

IMO it's showing more with playing in the middle mate, he's just not good enough with his back to goal, instead of trying to hold the ball up and bring other players in, his first instinct is too turn and run at defenders, he then ends up taking one too many on and loses the ball, or just runs into a dead end and being tackled.

I agree. I think he's more effective on the wing... but the bigger issue is his decision making. He needs to learn to value possession of the ball. He is often too reckless with it and gives it away in a cheap manner. Like today, there was an instance when a defender was all over his back and he receives the ball... he had an easy pass to make, but decision fails him and he decides instead to hold it with defender all over his back, and defender forces him to lose possession... right decision wouldve been the pass to his wide open teammate 5 yards away from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back