Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richarlison is not a centre forward. He cannot play that hold up role especially away from home he gets bullied and dominated. What he is, is a good wide forward and that's where he should play.
Plenty of good strikers don't hold up the ball, aguero probably the best example. Richarlison created a number of opportunities and hit the post today, he's not the problem.

Richarlison is not a centre forward. He cannot play that hold up role especially away from home he gets bullied and dominated. What he is, is a good wide forward and that's where he should play.
I still get the feeling that we are trying to play him like Thierry Henry at Arsenal.
He hasn't got the pace for that, not many have like..

Plenty of good strikers don't hold up the ball, aguero probably the best example. Richarlison created a number of opportunities and hit the post today, he's not the problem.
Yes but in the system we play our centre forward needs to be more rounded. He is very promising and can finish but he is better running direct not with his back to goal. I am not saying he can't play central sometimes just that it isn't his natural position and we need to buy an out and out centre forward.

Yes but in the system we play our centre forward needs to be more rounded. He is very promising and can finish but he is better running direct not with his back to goal. I am not saying he can't play central sometimes just that it isn't his natural position and we need to buy an out and out centre forward.

It is the system that Silva is playing that is crap. Should be 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 not the 3-etc-etc.

He's quite predictable when he's got his back to goal. He looks pretty easy to deal with, especially away from home when we don't commit as many men forward, he often has two players marking him out the game.

The January window is certainly not an ideal time to look for players but unless we're willing to write this season off, then surely we need to be looking for another option? Silva clearly doesn't like Tosun and Niasse is a really poor player. DcL is better this season but he's not enough. We need to try at the very least to bring some fresh energy in, we're just drifting as a team now and we need some new impetus.

His hold up play is actually pretty horrendous. Interestingly this doesn't seem to matter as much to us as it did with certain other strikers.
I think because as a forward, which he isn’t, you spend your life with your back to goal and it’s always going to be obvious and annoying if you lack that skill.

I, and many others on here, have said that Richarlison lacks that skill and against better opposition he’s really exposed. It’s evident he doesn’t like receiving the ball like that and it’s been picked up by everyone. Hence, why he gets clobbered.

Unfortunately, if you have a flaw in your game, Everton seems to be the one place to come where it’ll never get fixed.

He's just a bit impetuous. Given his age, that's totally understandable.

He lacks pragmatism, seen best when he holds the ball, turns and tries to beat an entire defensive line. We all know he should lay it off and run without it but it's understandable he wants to do too much.

Ronaldo went through the exact same thing. Closer to home, so did Barkley. So did Deulofeu.

He'll mature. And when he does he's going to be one of the best players in the league. Vault me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back