Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much better. Certainly the best 30 odd minutes we have seen of him other than perhaps his first few games. Looks like Silva may have stumbled on a solution to our right hand side issue AND where to play this kid. Early days yet as it was only 30 minutes but lets hope he can kick on now and show what he can do.

Just posted a video on his Instagram of him learning some really basic English. I don’t wish to sound like an old head but footballers have eons of spare time and should easily be able to get a good grip of a language in nearly 2 years.

Still love the lad though.

Just posted a video on his Instagram of him learning some really basic English. I don’t wish to sound like an old head but footballers have eons of spare time and should easily be able to get a good grip of a language in nearly 2 years.

Still love the lad though.
It's like the real president saying the fans can't take to bale as he wont/can't speak Spanish..

They have a point. Imagine Richarlison was here for 6 years and stil couldn't do a TV interview in English.

It's not very endearing to fans not speaking the lingo.

Us brits are the worst for it I'd imagine

It's like the real president saying the fans can't take to bale as he wont/can't speak Spanish..

They have a point. Imagine Richarlison was here for 6 years and stil couldn't do a TV interview in English.

It’s bad for integration too, people will struggle to settle.

On a side note with the Bale language thing, I remember an interview with him about a year or so after he got there where it said he could speak the language and had done a couple of pressers in Spanish. Not sure where the truth is with that one

The Madrid fans loved/love McManaman (as I recall they were outraged at how their own club treated him) - he learnt the lingo fluently.

I worked in Malaysia for 5 years. Made sure I learned the language in the 1st year of being there. It's not hard if you put in the effort. Less time playing Fortnite and more time bettering your grasp of the native language I say.

To be honest Frank, I couldn’t give a toss whether a fellow can speak a word of English or not.

I just want his feet to do his talking out on the pitch, where it matters........I am sure most fans are the same.

As far as I know Aguero does not speak English to any half decent level.

Would we be bithered by that if he okayed here?

Not on yer Nelly :dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back