Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
You learnt Malay when everyone speaks English ?

I can understand people doing it in China but in Malaysia...

I worked in a country where malay was the 1st language. It would've been an insult if I expected everyone to speak English for my benefit. Not to mention ignorant. How can brits bang on about foreigners adapting our culture and language if we can't be arsed to do the same.

I worked in a country where malay was the 1st language. It would've been an insult if I expected everyone to speak English for my benefit. Not to mention ignorant. How can brits bang on about foreigners adapting our culture and language if we can't be arsed to do the same.

So if you moved to singapore would you learn Mandarin + Malay with a sprinkle of hokkien?

Seeing as they are the local dialects...

Or just speak English...

No, that would just be nonsensical.

An oxymoron is a phrase which contains self contradictory words.

For example, the term “friendly fire” used to describe soldiers in an army shooting their own men by mistake.

Like there is owt “friendly” about being killed by “fire” from your own fellows.....you are every bit as dead as if the enemy had shot you :(

In this case we have “deliberate ignorance”........that is an oxymoron because if you are ignorant of sommat it is because you do not know about it and you cannot deliberately not know about a thing.

And if you do know of sommat’s existence but deliberately choose to remain uninformed about it, then you are no longer ignorant of said existence, just wilfully remaining uninformed.
Hey, I learnt something! Thanks for clearing it up.

So if you moved to singapore would you learn Mandarin + Malay with a sprinkle of hokkien?

Seeing as they are the local dialects...

Or just speak English...

Why are you being argumentative? I simply stated it's worth making the effort, especially if you are living in a country where the 1st language isn't your own. With regards to Singapore, I wouldn't live there if you paid me lol. It's effectively a floating city. But if I did, I would make an effort nonetheless. But that's just me. I'm not a lazy [Poor language removed]....

again, one rule for us, another for the top 6. As if that's not worse than richarlison's headbutt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back