Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purple patch or not mate, the issue is if you throw stats out to try strengthen your view then make sure you at least are honest and don't completely misrepresent those statistics, 6 in 11 is way different than saying he's been 1 in 3 for us.

I was wrong too...thought it was 6/9 but its 6/10.

4 more before end of Dec and we can start looking at a high tally.

Purple patch or not mate, the issue is if you throw stats out to try strengthen your view then make sure you at least are honest and don't completely misrepresent those statistics, 6 in 11 is way different than saying he's been 1 in 3 for us.

Listen, the original statement was that he is a 1 in 3 player, and that's what he is, you cannot base his his career over 11 games which is what you are doing, I am basing it over his entire career and 1-3 is generous.

No biggie by the way, my initial point was that people are gettng too excited by him too soon. We still need a boss slotter as he is not it, not yet anyway. In a season when we could really push on, it would be annoying not to max it by not having a proper striker.

Listen, the original statement was that he is a 1 in 3 player, and that's what he is, you cannot base his his career over 11 games which is what you are doing, I am basing it over his entire career and 1-3 is generous.

No biggie by the way, my initial point was that people are gettng too excited by him too soon. We still need a boss slotter as he is not it, not yet anyway. In a season when we could really push on, it would be annoying not to max it by not having a proper striker.

21 years of age.

Last edited:

It's all we have to go on though. Rooney and Michael owen stats from when they were school boys, even primary age, were constantly thrown about when they playing.

Jesus got 13 league goals playing for easily the most attacking side in the league last season. He’s a top striker but I’d back Richarlison to beat that.

OK,OK, I am wrong you are all right. Ricco is a world class striker, we don't need to sign anyone in January to play up front cos we have him

Fair enough. I obviously hope he does, not sure he has it though
I think it's fair to say Ricky is our best attacking player at the moment and, when fit, should be accommodated somewhere in the team. I think it's also fair to say that we don't have a top drawer central striker at the moment either. Tosun is decent by the way, but we need better if we're going to make it a top 7.

Playing Ricky up front works in some games, especially away from home or against teams that play a fairly high defensive line. But he does need that space to run in behind. Playing him up top also free's up a place in the starting line up for Bernard or Lookman.

However, I don't think he's as comfortable up top playing with his back to goal. He may or may not develop that side to his game but, at the moment, I would prefer Tosun to start in those games and play Ricky on the left which I think, at the moment, is still his best position.

Fair to say his rate might improve with age and experience?

I'd rather see how Mr Pigeon develops as a ST before chucking money at a striker in January.

Take stock at the end of the season.
We've also still got Tosun who in my opinion isn't a bad option in himself. Obviously, I wouldn't say no to further options up front but it isn't as simple as that.

Like you say, we should take stock of our situation come May and bring in the right player, at the right place as per our strategy - bar a massive injury crisis.

Realistically, our chances of ousting one of the Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal or Manure out of one of the five spots behind City are currently slim.

So a slow, steady but assured approach should reap the rewads more in the long-run than paying over the odds in January for a player we may not really want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back