Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is though mate it's not just Everton fans getting carried away is it now? It's pretty much a huge amount of the media not just here but abroad, fueled by his form for Brazil and by comments from teammates like neymar and his coach

He's the latest young massively hyped up talent in the block, like Dembele, mbappe where, like neymar once was etc,

21 yo, Brazil full international, already playing at a good club in a top league, and who has already had a 40-45m fee paid for him, 70m in the current market would be us being bent over the table.
Some sympathy for this view...but it is only 4mths and half a dozen goals. It would take somebody very desperate or very sure of themselves and Richarlson to spunk 70+M in Jan

and a suicidal management to agree.

Some sympathy for this view...but it is only 4mths and half a dozen goals. It would take somebody very desperate or very sure of themselves and Richarlson to spunk 70+M in Jan

...a players valuation is all about what a club might be prepared to pay. Everton being prepared to pay £40m for Richarlison was thought well above his value but I certainly wouldn’t be surprised if a few suitors would be interested now at £70m given his age, his immediate impact on Everton and his growing status with Brazil.

Indeed, I imagine Everton wouldn’t even entertain £70m.

...a players valuation is all about what a club might be prepared to pay. Everton being prepared to pay £40m for Richarlison was thought well above his value but I certainly wouldn’t be surprised if a few suitors would be interested now at £70m given his age, his immediate impact on Everton and his growing status with Brazil.

Indeed, I imagine Everton wouldn’t even entertain £70m.
So working on Everton That, United will be giving us £100 for the job lot of Pickford and Richarlson

Plenty of them about, United and the rs for one... How much have them two spunked on utter dross... Fred, keita and fabinho to name a few

If we sold him for 70m there would be several riots. Hes definitely worth that. Easily.
Like I said in my previous post, I definitely wouldn't want him sold and certainly not for £70m; yet, that doesn't automatically mean that he's actually worth that.

It is based purely on the fact that we 'may' have a great player in us and if we were to sell him, I think we'd struggle - in the short term - to get a replacement.

That's where the logic of £70m+ plus comes from as it factors in having to balance the risk of losing a player, having to replace them and making some money.

As @degsy mentioned, in all fairness it would take someone quite rash to spend £70m on him in January as, looking at it objectively, I don't think he's worth that.

In laymen's terms: I wouldn't sell him for anything less than £80m, but if I were buying him (objectively) I would have some concerns spending over £40m-50m.

People look at situations such as this with their nostalgic, blue-tinted glasses - and that's fine - rather than sometimes looking at it in the wider footballing sense.

'Oh, Coutinho was sold for £142m so he must be worth x-of that'... but, in all reality they over spent there so is that a fair benchmark for the market in the future?

How daft does Paul Merson look now though.

He is paid to have a broad knowledge of football and footballers so that casual supporters can gain more insight into it.

His comments about breaking the transfer market look more ludicrous with each game Richarlison plays.

He gets paid handsomely for waffling drivel.

As daft as he did 5 years ago. He's a plank. Always has been, always will be.

Certainly a good investment, early days as good as it would be for him to be with us a long time if he carries this on like this for us and Brazil there'll inevitably be big offers within the next 2-3 years.

As much as we want to build our own side we're in the same position with most other clubs even the ones trying to challenge City for the title. Every player has their price.

Can see both sides with regards to the value argument.

It's certainly true that he's worth at least £70m to us, probably more like £100m really, but I think Phil is right that in terms of the actual market he's probably not a £70m player just yet. If he keeps up his current form for the rest of the season he'll be worth a hell of a lot more than that, but I'd like to think it won't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back