Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather have jigsaw Barlow than the duffers we have right now. Imagine paying £27M for Tosun? He's absolutely Turkish Delight.
I try not to think back to the last regime, but obviously it’s hard, instead try to focus on the players brought to the club by silva and brands. Proper footballers who are giving us our identity back.

Thanks mate.
Do you not get bored? It’s just the fact we know your a moody fcker and we know that you actually love to hate Everton but surely there are times in the day when you read over what you have talked about and realise your boring everyone senseless with you crap

I'd rather have jigsaw Barlow than the duffers we have right now. Imagine paying £27M for Tosun? He's absolutely Turkish Delight.
The fact tosun didn't play for the first 6 or 7 weeks when he first arrived as our saviour told me everything about him. He was looked at and considered out of his depth.

Between him, klassen, sandro and bolasie the club have wasted shed loads..

Unthinkable from a club like ours!

The fact tosun didn't play for the first 6 or 7 weeks when he first arrived as our saviour told me everything about him. He was looked at and considered out of his depth.

Between him, klassen, sandro and bolasie the club have wasted shed loads..

Unthinkable from a club like ours!
Tosun alays looked lightweight.

If you dont have pace you struggle in the PL. How do clubs not recognise that?

Pace
Technique
Stamina

...in that order for this league.

I can partially agree with that, but Richy looked much more dangerous to me when he was on the wing with Tosun or DCL in the centre.

This could have largely been coincidence or just that the defenders have more to think about between the striker and Richy coming in from wide (as opposed to just Richy alone as a threat when he's up front).

Either way Richy is proving his quality in different ways all the time. If we buy a proper striker in January then we'll be flying

Spot on he is better playing off a striker be that DCL or Tosun for the time being until we find someone. I don't think Tosun is as bad as some make out he is a decent finisher he just doesn't fit our system but he can do some of the facets we need hold up the ball and take chances but lacks the pace, DCL has pace but is still raw and not reliable in front of goal. So I would rotate Tosun and DCL especially in home games until we can get a better.

I feel sorry for Marco. He inherited two duffers in DCL and Tosun and had to shift his preferred wide left man upfront. That was a big gamble that the DoF made this summer and it came to nought. January has to produce a striker or we're not going to finish top 6.

You blaming brands? You really think he purposely didn’t target a CF? He has already said that we couldn’t afford gomes and that was rumoured to be about 20m. If we sold bolasie, mirralas , Morgan etc I have no doubt we would have signed a striker

If we can get a relegation threatened team to buy Niasse, Tosun and Schneiderlin I'd like to spend the money on a striker. That said, it looks like signing Gomes is the priority. Considering we already know he plays well for us you can't fault the logic, reminds me of when we got Arteta on loan and then signed him. That said, Richarlison really needs us to buy a striker, or play someone else up front, as it's not fair to play him out of position when he's one of our best players.

Tosun alays looked lightweight.

If you dont have pace you struggle in the PL. How do clubs not recognise that?

Pace
Technique
Stamina

...in that order for this league.

...it’s why in the current set-up I would certainly prefer DCL over Tosun. If Tosun starts it has to be in home games where counter-attack might not be as prevelent and we have teams under the cosh.

The reality is, though, we need a new striker with the attributes you highlight to free-up Richarlison to where he’s most effective.

You blaming brands? You really think he purposely didn’t target a CF? He has already said that we couldn’t afford gomes and that was rumoured to be about 20m. If we sold bolasie, mirralas , Morgan etc I have no doubt we would have signed a striker
Which was the failure of his summer performance as a DoF. The easy part is buying players. The hard part is selling them.

The number of loans out was something I highlighted a lot of times as a deferral of a problem that will only get worse as unwanted players' value depreciate. No one wanted to hear that, as the Cult of Brands was in full swing.

...it’s why in the current set-up I would certainly prefer DCL over Tosun. If Tosun starts it has to be in home games where counter-attack might not be as prevelent and we have teams under the cosh.

The reality is, though, we need a new striker with the attributes you highlight to free-up Richarlison to where he’s most effective.

...and we've needed one since Lukaku left. Anyone last summer could see the two/three forwards we had weren't the answer. It took Silva a half dozen games to cast aside the attackers he inherited. He must have been seeing their limitations in the pre-season and must have been agitating for a striker of quality to fit his system. He was ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back