Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richarlison is a funny one. He's scored probably more goals than anyone expected, yet you still feel there's a lot more in him.
He’s at his best in the ‘Henry’ position between fullback and centre back. He has enough skill, pace and finishing ability to carry it off and he’s facing the goal, or on the half turn, rather than getting clobbered with his back to goal. He hasn’t learned how to hold it up yet. He won’t square many balls in the box. Greed in a forward is mostly for the good. He’s a bit moody and temperamental, which will work for and against him at times. Goal scorers are like front men in rock bands - they think the world revolves around them. It does - as long as they do the business.

Get him back in the team for Brighton either up top or on either wing. Need to rotate and keep everyone fresh get thru the next 2 games then take stock hopefully we'll be sat in 7th on 33 points. Get in a new striker to take the goalscoring burden off him and we can blast away from them below and close on them above. I'm glad he was rested yesterday it shows no one is a guarantee in the team.

I agree with the sentiment of this. All I'd add is I don't think he's top draw yet (though fair enough if that's your view) but I think he can still get a lot better. He can still be much more clinical and still learn how to master the number 9 role. He will also fill out a bit over time. I also think he can be a bit more clinical in possession and pick passes better (as well as running in a more direct way on the counter.

Starting from a base of 15-20 league goals at 21 and seeing significant improvement in his game as available is a scary thought.

Nobody his age or below is even close to this lad.

So that means he’s better than DRKSL ? Meaning we have 2 of the top six 21 year old strikers in world football

Nobody his age or below is even close to this lad.

While I agree with the sentiment, he’s not in the same league as Mbappe. Personal opinion but I think Dembele has a much higher ceiling than Rico too. People forget about Rashford and Jesus too who, I don’t think, get enough credit. All fine players either way.

As for Rico, I find myself being incredibly frustrated with him the majority of the time. He seems to have all the physical attributes and ability in the world but lacks that all important final ball and conviction in front of goal. Annoyingly, he also seems to have that Brazilian temparament, a touch of the Adriano / Robinho about him. “Play when we’re winning, down tools when the going gets tough” type of mentality. I’m hoping that part of it is simply frustration at the lack quality around him, the kind that he has perhaps grown used to on his trips away with Brazil.

He’s easily the least of our concerns and while he’s getting amongst the goals, he’ll be first name on the sheet. I just hope Marco builds a team around him (for as long as we have him - as the party line seems to be), to play to his strengths, because I still feel we’re only seeing a fraction of his talent.

While I agree with the sentiment, he’s not in the same league as Mbappe. Personal opinion but I think Dembele has a much higher ceiling than Rico too. People forget about Rashford and Jesus too who, I don’t think, get enough credit. All fine players either way.

As for Rico, I find myself being incredibly frustrated with him the majority of the time. He seems to have all the physical attributes and ability in the world but lacks that all important final ball and conviction in front of goal. Annoyingly, he also seems to have that Brazilian temparament, a touch of the Adriano / Robinho about him. “Play when we’re winning, down tools when the going gets tough” type of mentality. I’m hoping that part of it is simply frustration at the lack quality around him, the kind that he has perhaps grown used to on his trips away with Brazil.

He’s easily the least of our concerns and while he’s getting amongst the goals, he’ll be first name on the sheet. I just hope Marco builds a team around him (for as long as we have him - as the party line seems to be), to play to his strengths, because I still feel we’re only seeing a fraction of his talent.

He was very high in tracking back / tackling stats for Watford last season...

Mbappe is class but how would he have developed playing for the teams Richarlison has? There 'may' be similar levels of talent there but its about unlocking them.

I think with more quality around him he will get more space then will naturally improve.

I agree with The fact we are only scratching the surface of his ability but I heavily disagree with the temperament comments to me that’s what makes him successful. He’s a greedy tit but you need to be selfish as a striker and unwavering in your confidence to put the ball in the onion bag. Footy IQ ie when to pass where to be ect comes with age very rarely do players exhibit these traits early on there career example being Ronaldo at man utd used to frustrate the life out of there supporters with unnecessary dribbling and poor decisions but the talent was clear.

Also being a diving little snide makes him a nightmare for defenders contasntly nipping at them trying to get free kicks ect it’s an art form peonaar and arteta where pros at it you need these types of win at all costs in your team.

And best of all he works his Bollox off if it’s not going his way he will make it

I agree with that broadly speaking mate. I suppose I was talking about in the PL.

Mbappe is better than Richarlinson, but I would say he is close to Dembele currently.

Getting tired of seeing him at CF. To be honest I'm getting a bit tired of him in general. Still is scoring goals which is ultimately most important but his form otherwise has been poor imo. Doesn't hold the ball of we'll enough to play striker and his passing is sloppy a lot of the times

Going off him a little to be honest. Glad hes at least scoring at times. But he is a Lidl Neymar at the moment, spends half time on the floor or blaming team mates, when half the time he needs to get his head up and pass the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back