Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honesty feel he’s doubled in value. Which is mad. But ace.

I think it's a positive overall

Yeah, it might mean we'll only get 1 or 2 more seasons with him, but it also means that we're going to get PAID if he ever leaves. I mean, we could be talking World Record level money if he keeps this upward trajectory

Credit to Silva to be fair. Liked him at Watford and then was integral in him coming here as well apparently

I just hope Brands and Silva bring in the supporting players required to get the best out of him

Hate Neymar with a passion me.
tenor.gif

Another season with us at the most before he gets snapped up by one of the super powers, could be our first 100m sale possibly.

Got to hope we get European football and close the gap on a top 4 position. Might persuade him to stay on for another season if we’re progressing.

I just think what ever Barca offered this year. Brands will know his value will keep going up and we’d be stupid to sell this year.
I also don’t think Richarlison would rock the boat this summer.

Why wouldn't he rock the boat? Again, I'm not arguing that he would but I don't know the lad. Nor do any of us. Of course it's likely his value will continue to increase but sometimes it becomes untenable to hang on to an unhappy, discontent player and (for the good of the rest of the squad) it's best to take the money. Buying clubs know this and players know this.

I'm basing my assertion that he'd be capable of it on previous Brazilians in the Premier League (or South Americans in general) who historically yearn to play for Barca and Madrid almost as much as their national team. And if they believe there is a solid offer forthcoming, we've seen transfer requests, feigned injuries, refusals to play and just general disharmony amongst the group - and that's just Liverpool players.

If he has a strong Copa and Barcelona make a bid, I'd expect to see toys out of the pram. Thankfully, we'd be in a strong position to command silly money. Make no mistake though, the boy is a talent and if he doesn't go to the very top i'll be surprised.

Why wouldn't he rock the boat? Again, I'm not arguing that he would but I don't know the lad. Nor do any of us. Of course it's likely his value will continue to increase but sometimes it becomes untenable to hang on to an unhappy, discontent player and (for the good of the rest of the squad) it's best to take the money. Buying clubs know this and players know this.

I'm basing my assertion that he'd be capable of it on previous Brazilians in the Premier League (or South Americans in general) who historically yearn to play for Barca and Madrid almost as much as their national team. And if they believe there is a solid offer forthcoming, we've seen transfer requests, feigned injuries, refusals to play and just general disharmony amongst the group - and that's just Liverpool players.

If he has a strong Copa and Barcelona make a bid, I'd expect to see toys out of the pram. Thankfully, we'd be in a strong position to command silly money. Make no mistake though, the boy is a talent and if he doesn't go to the very top i'll be surprised.

You raise good points, absolutely. However, I don't think his "Father/Son" relationship with Silva can be underestimated. You can tell the lad truly believes Silva is the best coach for him, at this point in his career.

Same for a lot of the others. Players like Gomes wouldn't have contemplated moving to Everton if we still had Koeman/Allardyce in charge.

It's far too early for him to attract a big bid from a club like Barca, for me. Too many areas of his all-round game are still very weak and he hasn't quite worked out which position in a front 3 he is best at.

I'd say as long as he keeps up his development at the current rate, it'll be next summer before any of those clubs decide to take the gamble.

These kids are paid so much money, they need to just spend a few years settling and paying regular footy. Just look at a player like dembele who's gone there and is constantly in and out of the team with his value and confidence reducing every week. Would have been much better making that move with a couple of extra years behind him, when he knows his game more.

But they're all advised by agents who are only in it for the money. This is why sometimes, having a family member as an agent can work.

I honesty feel he’s doubled in value. Which is mad. But ace.

Yeah 100%, there is just something about him, i think its the way he carrys himself, he is primed for an elite club.
I think the talks of moves will come next summer, but i think it will be done alot better than the Lukaku situation.
Its all part of the game to be honest and its our job to re-invest what we get properly

What a great buy, if we were to sell him we’d get £100mil +, consistently getting into the Brazil squad and performing. Should be a big Copa America for him now that neymar is a doubt

I think it's a positive overall

Yeah, it might mean we'll only get 1 or 2 more seasons with him, but it also means that we're going to get PAID if he ever leaves. I mean, we could be talking World Record level money if he keeps this upward trajectory

Credit to Silva to be fair. Liked him at Watford and then was integral in him coming here as well apparently

I just hope Brands and Silva bring in the supporting players required to get the best out of him

We need to find out who the hell Watford's South American scout is
They have a 17 year old coming over in 2020 who has just scored an absolute worldie and has got 8 in 7 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back