2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
His willingness to extend will depend on what the market for him really is. The list of teams with reliable Champions League football and the money to stay there (and to buy him) is somewhat short right now. If one of those teams wants him, he's probably out.

If not, we could probably extend him for four years with a top four finish. If we don't finish in the top four, repeat the above calculation with respect to clubs with reliable Europa and occasional Champions League football.

I wouldn't expect to see a deal before season's end in any event. The ones we resign in November are the ones that don't have enough of a market or are happy where they are and don't want to test the market. Richarlison's agent clearly has orders to evaluate his options, which is not the same as saying he wants to leave. It means that he does not definitively want to stay...but over the last decade that's been true of the best players at any club not named Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern Munich.

The market for him will be limited.

Madrid, Atletico and PSG overseas and then the likes of Chelsea, City, United and Newcastle.

Id imagine the only clubs to really excite him would be the three overseas teams.

Would they cough up £100mil+ for him?

Hopefully we tie him (and Mina) to new 5 year deals.

I think he has the combination of skills, toughness and hardwork that makes him a vital part of the team. Would not sell unless it's above 80m. You can't buy his mentality even if he goes a little out of control occasionally. I think he will stay if Everton gets in Europe and he is being played every game while fit. This man just wants to play and win.

I don't think he has topped out yet and whether he will before we sell I suspect not. We have done OK without him playing but he would improve the side without doubt .I don't see Newcastle spending 100 mill on one player yet but time will tell .Myself I see him in Spain because the language is a bit of a barrier here and in Italy and of course also in France.

I would think the only clubs that will attract him are champion league clubs who stand a chance of winning. Doubt he will leave for anything less.

Ahh right you can't find it because he didn't say it and it didn't happen.

Thanks

I typed in Richarlison, Barcelona and this came up on the 3rd article down mate.

“There were lots of offers during the season, from Barcelona, from Manchester (United),” he said.

“But the club opted to keep me in the group and I didn’t want to leave in the middle of the season. It’s bad to leave team-mates like this.

“Of course you feel impacted, Barcelona is one of the greatest clubs in the world, but I think happiness plays its part as well.”

Apparently that's Richarlison confirming Barca made a bid, along with Utd.

I typed in Richarlison, Barcelona and this came up on the 3rd article down mate.

“There were lots of offers during the season, from Barcelona, from Manchester (United),” he said.

“But the club opted to keep me in the group and I didn’t want to leave in the middle of the season. It’s bad to leave team-mates like this.

“Of course you feel impacted, Barcelona is one of the greatest clubs in the world, but I think happiness plays its part as well.”

Apparently that's Richarlison confirming Barca made a bid, along with Utd.
I read something similar myself.

Might have been an enquiry to his availability of some sort but no way did they actually offer 85m

The market for him will be limited.

Madrid, Atletico and PSG overseas and then the likes of Chelsea, City, United and Newcastle.

Id imagine the only clubs to really excite him would be the three overseas teams.

Would they cough up £100mil+ for him?

Hopefully we tie him (and Mina) to new 5 year deals.
I don't think it's about the transfer fee, for him. I think it's about competing at the highest level and therefore getting the respect he feels he is due for his ability. Wages probably play into it more than the transfer fee, given the way the compensation math works.

If Madrid wanted him to play alongside Mbappe, I doubt he'd say no. The reasoning is similar for the other clubs you point out - they win and they have (or probably will have) frontline holes. The top English clubs, as you point out, have settled attacks with Chelsea the most in need of his skills. I don't know that he wants to play Tuchel's high press, though. He wants to score goals.

I don't think Newcastle is in the frame unless he is purely money-motivated, which I don't think he is. I think he's after prestige.

If none of those clubs bite, then @Groucho is probably right that he'll stay even for Europa. A Conference League spot is questionable.

PSG are the ones who concern me - there will be a big Mbappe-shaped hole in their attack next season and whilst Richarlison isn't close to Mbappe's level, he fits the profile of player they'd want - he's Brazxil's number 9, a good mate of Neymar's and comfortable through the middle or pulling wide in a fluid system like the one PSG employ with their front three.

Not too many teams are going to pay the money we would want for him - Newcastle aren't at the level yet where they'd tempt him, Man City most likely wouldn't want him, probably ditto United given their recent transfer dealings, Chelsea - not sure but put them down as a maybe, Barca are skint, Madrid will be signing Mbappe, it's hard to see Bayern spending the sort of money we would want as they're generally quite prudent, so it really just leaves PSG with the means and the need.

I don't have a problem selling him (or anyone) for big money as long as we plan for it though. Too often we've sold players without planning for their departures. Replacing Stones with Ashley Williams, Barkley with Sigurdsson, Lukaku with Sandro, etc. With the big FFP hole we are in, I could live with selling Richarlison or anyone else as long as it made us a big profit, gave us the flexibility to back the manager and we had a plan months in advance to replace him.

I don't have a problem selling him (or anyone) for big money as long as we plan for it though. Too often we've sold players without planning for their departures. Replacing Stones with Ashley Williams, Barkley with Sigurdsson, Lukaku with Sandro, etc. With the big FFP hole we are in, I could live with selling Richarlison or anyone else as long as it made us a big profit, gave us the flexibility to back the manager and we had a plan months in advance to replace him.
Was about to say this myself.. not hung up on any of our player at the moment, like losing Lukaku was impossible to replace.. so yeah.. just get a decent fee and we should be ok

At this point, I would be far more willing to sell Richarlison than Gray...

They're two different players and I do rate richarlisons work ethic / attitude but... It all comes down to the end product.

So far, Gray is proving to have a much better end product and impact on games. (All be it early days)

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.