2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll end up at PSG to replace Mbappe if Salah doesn't end up there.

Good player but for £85+ million I would snap your hands off providing we invested the money correctly.

PSG are the ones who concern me - there will be a big Mbappe-shaped hole in their attack next season and whilst Richarlison isn't close to Mbappe's level, he fits the profile of player they'd want - he's Brazxil's number 9, a good mate of Neymar's and comfortable through the middle or pulling wide in a fluid system like the one PSG employ with their front three.

Not too many teams are going to pay the money we would want for him - Newcastle aren't at the level yet where they'd tempt him, Man City most likely wouldn't want him, probably ditto United given their recent transfer dealings, Chelsea - not sure but put them down as a maybe, Barca are skint, Madrid will be signing Mbappe, it's hard to see Bayern spending the sort of money we would want as they're generally quite prudent, so it really just leaves PSG with the means and the need.

I don't have a problem selling him (or anyone) for big money as long as we plan for it though. Too often we've sold players without planning for their departures. Replacing Stones with Ashley Williams, Barkley with Sigurdsson, Lukaku with Sandro, etc. With the big FFP hole we are in, I could live with selling Richarlison or anyone else as long as it made us a big profit, gave us the flexibility to back the manager and we had a plan months in advance to replace him.
Spot on this from top to bottom. I can only see a PSG move. There's going to be a lot of broken hearts when he leaves, I worry more about those that genuinely think he'll stay. I can't see it happening at all.

It's not the end of the world when he goes, I'll be gutted, but as you said, it's crucial we plan ahead and get this one right. We can't lose him and balls up another window. This one is the most important (since the last one)

Spot on this from top to bottom. I can only see a PSG move. There's going to be a lot of broken hearts when he leaves, I worry more about those that genuinely think he'll stay. I can't see it happening at all.

It's not the end of the world when he goes, I'll be gutted, but as you said, it's crucial we plan ahead and get this one right. We can't lose him and balls up another window. This one is the most important (since the last one)
I'd say it would be mad if we sold him for say £80m and then bought someone for £50m. We need room to make a profit.

I'd say it would be mad if we sold him for say £80m and then bought someone for £50m. We need room to make a profit.
Agreed mate, unfortunately, I don't think we hold the cards, IMO, he'll want to go and we either sell or have a player sulk/run down his contract.

Anyway, with 50m, think how many Gray and Townsend's we could buy ?

At this point, I would be far more willing to sell Richarlison than Gray...

They're two different players and I do rate richarlisons work ethic / attitude but... It all comes down to the end product.

So far, Gray is proving to have a much better end product and impact on games. (All be it early days)

Strange take.

Richarlison: 43 goals in 123 games in all comps for Everton (goal every 2.8games)
Gray: 3 goals in 9 games in all comps for Everton (goal every 3 games)

I rate Gray's impact thus far but Richarlison has proven it over successive seasons and is amazingly younger than Gray too. I'd quite like to see both of them in the starting XI much more this season when fit.

I can find it any time I want , so could you if you look for it.
Read it yourself .

Its really not hard to find , its direct quote from the player himself also mentions Man utd.

No one said that.

Its quite obvious you havent bothered to look it up and read it , you might just educate yourself.
I mean, you have literally just said it on your last message.

Look a bit silly here Lewis. No one has bid 85m for him

Agreed mate, unfortunately, I don't think we hold the cards, IMO, he'll want to go and we either sell or have a player sulk/run down his contract.

Anyway, with 50m, think how many Gray and Townsend's we could buy ?
Just think how many Iwobi’s Brands could buy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211012-200639_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211012-200639_Chrome.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 92
  • Screenshot_20211012-201041_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211012-201041_Chrome.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot_20211012-201154_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211012-201154_Chrome.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 84

Status
Not open for further replies.