2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s gone and who can blame him. The thing is there are fans who think it’s a good idea to sell. We’ll never get anywhere selling our best young players that we should be building the team around. It’s the average first team players around them that need replaced. In a good team the likes of him and DCL are good top half/European places players - not many in the squad you can say that about. But we’ll sell, replace with lesser players and keep the crap and wonder why we aren’t getting better.
He's no longer young fwiw

I hope that if he wants to leave it wont be prompted by a skid with Rafael as that would add more noiise and difficulties in possible options. But let's be honest regardless of how good he he is, his time at Everton has felt wrapping up for a season or two. And personally however great he his, the value is IMO still inflated and should be maximized for the stability of the club. If we were more competent his loss might not be as catastrophic but Everton also have a priority to extract top dollar for an asset that is mentally outbound regardless. Holding on to him beyond his wishes might effect the return we get which would be the worst case scenario.

The fears of selling him are more to do with the clubs negligence in reinvesting than if it's wise to do so. Someone above jokes but if Potter was handling that money I would feel a lot better about it.

I hope that if he wants to leave it wont be prompted by a skid with Rafael as that would add more noiise and difficulties in possible options. But let's be honest regardless of how good he he is, his time at Everton has felt wrapping up for a season or two. And personally however great he his, the value is IMO still inflated and should be maximized for the stability of the club. If we were more competent his loss might not be as catastrophic but Everton also have a priority to extract top dollar for an asset that is mentally outbound regardless. Holding on to him beyond his wishes might effect the return we get which would be the worst case scenario.

The fears of selling him are more to do with the clubs negligence in reinvesting than if it's wise to do so. Someone above jokes but if Potter was handling that money I would feel a lot better about it.
He’s gone this summer, we can’t let a Mina situation happen with him. We don’t have enough players worth good money to let them run their contracts down. If he won’t sign a new deal with two years left, this summer he has to be sold. That’s the case for any player regardless of who they are.

Ideally he’d sign a new deal but there’s no chance of that. Do I have any faith in our club to replace him, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.