2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no problem with the practice of signing players, them doing well and selling them for 100m.
It’s just that we have no aptitude for pulling off this tactic successfully.

I hope that if he wants to leave it wont be prompted by a skid with Rafael as that would add more noiise and difficulties in possible options. But let's be honest regardless of how good he he is, his time at Everton has felt wrapping up for a season or two. And personally however great he his, the value is IMO still inflated and should be maximized for the stability of the club. If we were more competent his loss might not be as catastrophic but Everton also have a priority to extract top dollar for an asset that is mentally outbound regardless. Holding on to him beyond his wishes might effect the return we get which would be the worst case scenario.

The fears of selling him are more to do with the clubs negligence in reinvesting than if it's wise to do so. Someone above jokes but if Potter was handling that money I would feel a lot better about it.

His head has been turned by PSG. But I think we should keep him until the summer. Selling him is a good decision because it will balance our books and invest in a better defenders, better midfielders. But at this moment, Everton is without a manager and without DOF - the best choice at this moment is to keep him to help us in relegation fight for survival. When we survive this season, summer is the time we rebuild with sale of Richarlison - hopefully invested properly into good players.

His head has been turned by PSG. But I think we should keep him until the summer. Selling him is a good decision because it will balance our books and invest in a better defenders, better midfielders. But at this moment, Everton is without a manager and without DOF - the best choice at this moment is to keep him to help us in relegation fight for survival. When we survive this season, summer is the time we rebuild with sale of Richarlison - hopefully invested properly into good players.
Pickford will be going to Spurs this summer I reckon as well. So could be a big rebuild but we also have a lot of deadwood out of contract so be interesting to see how it goes

On recent history that's one hell of a big ask

Pickford will be going to Spurs this summer I reckon as well. So could be a big rebuild but we also have a lot of deadwood out of contract so be interesting to see how it goes

Possible. I think problem with rebuild is we need the right person in charge to lead the rebuild. It is very tricky to balance survival/success in EPL + rebuilding. We can only hope the next Everton manager is the finally the right person.

Looking at the financial situation, thin squad and a lot of deadwood - it's not going to be easy. And I don't think our youth has many players who we can count on to succeed in EPL. Lets hope for better things to come.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...on-duncan-ferguson-everton-exclusive-22836576

20200914_atw_20200914_atw_emoji_blueHeart_1000x700.png

Status
Not open for further replies.