2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to think Frank got some sort of assurance from the board during the talks that if he deems a player too important for the future plans and rebirth of the team they are not sold....unless they want out.
I've always felt Richies been misused with the emphasis being to provide service for DCL, it's bordering on an insult to a bloke with the striking talents he has.
Imagine any of our dedicated strikers tucking that away on Saturday, only very special players do that.

Frank knows this and he'll be asking Richie what HE wants rather than what he's going to be made to do.

This is the golden nugget of the side who so far has been shackled. I slagged him in the past even though I knew he was being wasted and not being allowed to show his true potential.

With this clean sheet I hope a relationship grows with Frank as we start the climb upwards. Mina and DCL are easier to replace than this lad.

I'm more confident of him staying now as Frank will fight to keep him.

I wasn't suggesting the three collectively but rather any permutation: Richarlison and DCL have never really worked as a team; Gray and Richy don't work well.

I would like to see our front line working as a collective - supporting each other - rather than playing more in isolation as it appears.

Without really wanting to compare ourselves with that shower, you look at the RS's front line and how collectively they're better than the sum of each part.

The same could be said about City and many other teams. If our front line worked together effectively, I truly think they could be a terrifying front line for teams.
Yes, totally agree. DCL and Richie need to get a few more assists. Perhaps if they got better service themselves, their team ethic may improve

Sadly think he will be leaving this summer, was a million percent sure of that if the FSW or a similar fossil was in charge.

But...

With Lampard arriving, a complete change in training and the way we will play, focus on bringing in younger and hungrier players, I now have a small hope he may just want to give it one more season (guy loves the club and the fans, and maybe just maybe...)

If he does stay I reckon it'll mean DCL leaves and Richy becomes our first choice up front, sonething which could persuade him to stay as well as it's where he's always to play.

A huge amount depends on how we finish this season though and the impact of the likes of Alli and VdB as if they both click can see Richy really having a great second half of the season

I think both will benefit from the system Lampard wants to play. They both like having through balls to run onto. One probably needs to be sacrificed and honestly don't mind which, but think both will like working with Lampard.

Amazing the club have had a squad build that works best to possession and pressing football, and only really employed one coach to try and do that pre Lampard.

Sadly think he will be leaving this summer, was a million percent sure of that if the FSW or a similar fossil was in charge.

But...

With Lampard arriving, a complete change in training and the way we will play, focus on bringing in younger and hungrier players, I now have a small hope he may just want to give it one more season (guy loves the club and the fans, and maybe just maybe...)

If he does stay I reckon it'll mean DCL leaves and Richy becomes our first choice up front, sonething which could persuade him to stay as well as it's where he's always to play.

A huge amount depends on how we finish this season though and the impact of the likes of Alli and VdB as if they both click can see Richy really having a great second half of the season

Even if he leaves - think about it this way - we'll get 80 if not 100m for him. He made the club 30 to 50m which will go towards transfer fees and paying off the stadium.

Even if he leaves - think about it this way - we'll get 80 if not 100m for him. He made the club 30 to 50m which will go towards transfer fees and paying off the stadium.

Correct, he signed a 4 year extension when Ancelotti was here, so he'll have 2.5 years at the end of the season. We're in a position to drive a hard bargain.

Even though I love him and I want him here forever.

Correct, he signed a 4 year extension when Ancelotti was here, so he'll have 2.5 years at the end of the season. We're in a position to drive a hard bargain.

Even though I love him and I want him here forever.

Yep same, he's def one player that if he wants to play for Real should leave with our blessing.

Plus Carlo is there and always liked him.

Status
Not open for further replies.