2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there was much of a market for keepers Pickford probably would be in the 60 million bracket, but how many teams that could pay 60 million for a keeper need a keeper? Maybe spurs but without a second bidder I doubt it’s getting to that level. Much easier to cash in on a forward as they are always in demand.

Agreed, I could see Pickford being a cash + player deal tbh.

Liverpool paid £60m for Allison tho?

The slander against Everton and Richarlison from the, mostly RS pundited, capitalist media toilet papers this week has been atrocious. Surely Moshiri can find some spare change at the back of the couch to launch a legal challenge and set a precedent going forward that Everton are no longer pushovers and not to be messed with.

The suggestion that Richarlison 'attacked' his own fans with an illegal pyrotechnic/flare, in actuality a harmless electronic smoke bomb cast away from them, is disingenuous at best and provably false - no charges, dismissed after a brief police inquiry and unlikely even to be mentioned in the referees report.

Everton's very existence is threatened by the scurrilous reporting, very clearly with the intent to steal us of our only goalscoring attacker in a relegation battle, and merits a stern response which should be demanded from the Everton hierarchy.

Attachments

• IMG_20220505_095339.jpg
    IMG_20220505_095339.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 70
  • Blue-EG25-1.jpg
    Blue-EG25-1.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 65
Really enjoyed that article. Taken plenty of stick so nice to read something positive for once. And a reminder that, while some away from Everton might question his attitude, you don't get from where he started to the top of the game without the attitude being spot on.

Are you steve Walsh? Nobody is paying anything like those amounts for those players .. maybe jota but the rest ? No way

Thats the market you're looking at - same way Zaha never moved as Palace wanted £70+ million. Whether he is worth that is another question but thats the price for PL clubs who are minted with the TV money thats getting bigger all the time.

Thank God some of you dont work in selling our players otherwise you'll be selling Branthwaite and Godfrey for £15 million whilst Harry Maguire and Ben White are going for £85 million and £50 million a piece

Grealish £100 million... Anthony Gordon? £20 million? SOLD ! :Blink:

Really enjoyed that article. Taken plenty of stick so nice to read something positive for once. And a reminder that, while some away from Everton might question his attitude, you don't get from where he started to the top of the game without the attitude being spot on.

Reading the article it struck me that he's the exact type of person that I want playing for the team I support.

Absolute class act both professionally and personally.

Are you steve Walsh? Nobody is paying anything like those amounts for those players .. maybe jota but the rest ? No way

@ForeverBlue92 makes a fair point about not undervaluing our players.

What I would say is that we have generally managed to obtain good fees for players when selling them.

Lukaku, Stones, Fellaini, Digne, Gana, Vlasic, Lookman etc all seem good fees looking back.

If we take the Digne case as an example with £23mil rising to £25mil+ a lot of posters were saying that it was far too low.

Now we have Digne who has underwhelmed and picked up injuries at Villa turning 29 before next season....compared with Mykolenko who was this forums player of the month for April and 6 years younger at 23 next season...signed for a cheaper fee.

If we take the number that has been thrown around at £75mil for Richarlison and used it to sign 2 or 3 younger players that improve tbe team and rise in value then it could be money well spent.

Of all our 'value' players Richarlison is the one I would keep.

Of all our 'value' players Richarlison is the one I would keep.
I know you have me on ignore Zat, I applaud it, but, im gonna reply anyway.

Whilst Richarlison is 1 we all very much want to keep, hes without question the only player we hold the cards with, due to his age, his standing and his talent.

So sadly hes the only 1 I can defo see leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.