2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Romano has said that United have discussed him as a possible option for this summer. I can’t see it myself, but if they did want him we could absolutely fleece them as long as we stay up. £70m minimum from you United.

Sorry I disagree I’ve never rated him from day one, he did have a good run under Carlos but imo in the main he’s not that good. I’d say half decent at best and it has been a while since he had his injury and he’s shown absolutely nothing since his return. If he concentrated on his football more and not so much modelling we might see a bit better football from him. I hope he’s sold in the summer we need better up top.
He's still injured. He's never been fit all season.

It's not an excuse for how bad he has been but it's a big part of it.

He might never come back right from the injury. It's a huge shame.

Not sure personally Toff. DCL has proven he can be a nuisance poacher (which is a skill set many forwards lack) but I’m just not convinced I’m his ability to affect games from the 9 position. Richy has much more control of the football, but when he plays he 9 you see how much more effective he is playing wide left. DCL can’t control the ball consistently in tight spaces. He’s just a bit one dimensional. I’d rather Richy in the 9 over some purely as he has much more to his game and I’d fancy him to hold the ball up and be involved a hell of a lot more.

I’m absolutely for getting a striker in the summer though, keeping Richy on the left (if we keep him). I don’t think DCL is the answer and if there is a good time to sell it could be now.

Also, I can’t see how on earth DCL is going to fit in with Arsenals style of play. That baffles me that they’re interested.
He could do all of those things last season though mate. This season he hasn't been, for various reasons.

There's one game in particular that stands out to me last season when it comes to DCL and that was the home game against Arsenal. He was absolutely magnificent. Dropping into midfield, getting on the ball,holding it up, running at the defence.

Yes he doesn't do that all the time even if fully fit but I'm not judging him on this season because he has simply never been fit. Didn't have a pre-season, broke his toe when he did return to training so played those first three games without training between them. Then got injured, then was rushed back and aggravated the injury in September.

I'm not sure he'll ever be what we need him to be now and maybe for all parties, if we stay up, it's best to try and get some good money (£50m) for him and go and get a new striker in. We need to do that anyway just for the finances.

For me Richy as the 9 works right now just for where we're at because Dom clearly doesn't trust his body, or isn't able to push himself - and we need that in a fight like we're in. But Richy isn't a 9 in the Premier League unless he'd be played as part of a proper fluid front line.

As for Dom and Arsenal, we'll see. Nketiah isn't a good link player at all but is coming good atm for them. They create a lot of chances that a 'poacher' would thrive off. They have the likes of Smith Rowe, Odegaard, Saka, Martinelli etc to create chances. They don't need their striker to do that.

He could do all of those things last season though mate. This season he hasn't been, for various reasons.

There's one game in particular that stands out to me last season when it comes to DCL and that was the home game against Arsenal. He was absolutely magnificent. Dropping into midfield, getting on the ball,holding it up, running at the defence.

Yes he doesn't do that all the time even if fully fit but I'm not judging him on this season because he has simply never been fit. Didn't have a pre-season, broke his toe when he did return to training so played those first three games without training between them. Then got injured, then was rushed back and aggravated the injury in September.

I'm not sure he'll ever be what we need him to be now and maybe for all parties, if we stay up, it's best to try and get some good money (£50m) for him and go and get a new striker in. We need to do that anyway just for the finances.

For me Richy as the 9 works right now just for where we're at because Dom clearly doesn't trust his body, or isn't able to push himself - and we need that in a fight like we're in. But Richy isn't a 9 in the Premier League unless he'd be played as part of a proper fluid front line.

As for Dom and Arsenal, we'll see. Nketiah isn't a good link player at all but is coming good atm for them. They create a lot of chances that a 'poacher' would thrive off. They have the likes of Smith Rowe, Odegaard, Saka, Martinelli etc to create chances. They don't need their striker to do that.
Yeah I get the poacher side of things and that for me has to be DCLs game. One good game doing the right things doesn’t mean they’re good at it generally though.

Assuming we stay up, the team needs a reset and I think it’s probably the best time for DCL to go for all parties. I just don’t see him being strong in his technical play. Ancelottinsaw that, but Carlo was also one who ensures his strikers focus on the 18 yard box. Davies is a good example of occassionally having a good game and putting that belief there but not consistently doing it.

Agree on Richy, doing a job and can do a job at 9 but we lose his positives from wide left.

The team needs a clear out this summer and a rebuild. It’s a good time to do business like this for me. It obviously boosts our PL profit and loss position as well.

I just hope we have a plan.

Yeah I get the poacher side of things and that for me has to be DCLs game. One good game doing the right things doesn’t mean they’re good at it generally though.

Assuming we stay up, the team needs a reset and I think it’s probably the best time for DCL to go for all parties. I just don’t see him being strong in his technical play. Ancelottinsaw that, but Carlo was also one who ensures his strikers focus on the 18 yard box. Davies is a good example of occassionally having a good game and putting that belief there but not consistently doing it.

Agree on Richy, doing a job and can do a job at 9 but we lose his positives from wide left.

The team needs a clear out this summer and a rebuild. It’s a good time to do business like this for me. It obviously boosts our PL profit and loss position as well.

I just hope we have a plan.
I'm just using the Arsenal game as an example but there's more though. The week before that v Chelsea. The away game v West Ham, the home game v S'ton when he absolutely bullied their CBs. He's more than just a poacher but to be more than that he definitely needs to get rid of this mental block that he's had this season - which is down to that injury. I'm not saying he should have that block, the best players push through them, so that's what he needs to do.

Agree on the rest and if he goes he goes but I won't have the 'he's crap anyway' shouts because our fans did that with Lukaku. Not that Dom is anywhere close to what Lukaku was, mind, but he's still a good player.

As for Richy, if we do sell Dom I think it allows us to keep Richy but this is only if we stay up and we still need to do that bit yet.

Look at Liverpool,
Mane
Salah
Dias
Jota
Firmino
Even Origi, just for us.

Anyone thinking it is a good strategy to lose one of Richy, and or DCL, is taking a risk, that you think in our position we can acquire better than both I'm right now.

I'm just using the Arsenal game as an example but there's more though. The week before that v Chelsea. The away game v West Ham, the home game v S'ton when he absolutely bullied their CBs. He's more than just a poacher but to be more than that he definitely needs to get rid of this mental block that he's had this season - which is down to that injury. I'm not saying he should have that block, the best players push through them, so that's what he needs to do.

Agree on the rest and if he goes he goes but I won't have the 'he's crap anyway' shouts because our fans did that with Lukaku. Not that Dom is anywhere close to what Lukaku was, mind, but he's still a good player.

As for Richy, if we do sell Dom I think it allows us to keep Richy but this is only if we stay up and we still need to do that bit yet.
Yep. Stayed away from transfer thread generally as it all depends on whether we survive the worst!

Not out of it yet, although some justified hope there now!

Jorge Jesus claimed he was invited for an interview before...

Speaking to Sportv, the coach claimed he’s used to ‘winning titles, not games’, and that’s why he turned down his first chance of working in the Premier League.

Everton fans obviously weren’t happy to see such a strong statement from the manager, and it seems that some players didn’t like it either. So on Instagram, Toffees’ star Richarlison was quick sending Jesus a response.

Should know a little of Everton’s history”, said Richarlison on Instagram. “Be careful with the arrogance, huh.”

Romano has said that United have discussed him as a possible option for this summer. I can’t see it myself, but if they did want him we could absolutely fleece them as long as we stay up. £70m minimum from you United.
I think 'mininum is the right word'.

He's our talisman.

What would you value each at this summer?

Also, keep in mind DCL has 3 years left and Richarlison only 2. So if we sold DCL we would need Richarlison to extend...not a forgone conclusion that we could hold onto him if we sold DCL.

Look at Liverpool,
Mane
Salah
Dias
Jota
Firmino
Even Origi, just for us.

Anyone thinking it is a good strategy to lose one of Richy, and or DCL, is taking a risk, that you think in our position we can acquire better than both I'm right now.

We'll play a different style under Lampard to the RS.

Will be interesting to see the types he looks for.

Sorry I disagree I’ve never rated him from day one, he did have a good run under Carlos but imo in the main he’s not that good. I’d say half decent at best and it has been a while since he had his injury and he’s shown absolutely nothing since his return. If he concentrated on his football more and not so much modelling we might see a bit better football from him. I hope he’s sold in the summer we need better up top.
The fact his side gig is so public makes him an easy target when off form and leads to lazy speculation as to the reason for it. Plenty of other players spend their free time on a Playstation. How much time in the last year has he actually spent on modelling? You make it sound like he splits his days between the two

I think 'mininum is the right word'.

He's our talisman.

What would you value each at this summer?

Also, keep in mind DCL has 3 years left and Richarlison only 2. So if we sold DCL we would need Richarlison to extend...not a forgone conclusion that we could hold onto him if we sold DCL.

We'll play a different style under Lampard to the RS.

Will be interesting to see the types he looks for.
I'll answer this in a few weeks Zat when we know what league we'll be in

They paid more than that for Harry Maguire. Richarlison shouldn't be for sale unless he wants to go, in which case £100 million, same as Grealish.

Status
Not open for further replies.