2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a shock that he wants to leave - this is how football works. We came 16th after a shambolic season and he wants to play no.9 for Brazil in a world cup. Why should he show any loyalty to us when those that run the club have not been able to show they have any clue how to improve the club?

I've thought it's been pretty inevitable he would leave, but what happens afterwards will be crucial. If we waste the money and bring in bang average replacements, then we are going to be relegated.

Actually think he'd fit in well in a Simeone side. Gives all on both ends

The more I think about it, the more I have to agree.

They’ve lost Suarez, Griezmann (potentially), but then they have Felix and Correa.

It’s just a really tricky one, because I’d expect us to be at least expecting £70m for him, so that alone is going to cancel out a fair fee punters.

“What has happened and some things that was said about me in the last month has made me very sad. But I will not enter a war on words with anyone."

Maybe he did pull a sickie, who knows, what im saying is that the narrative was pushed either way, he was the enemy and we have done it many times before.

It was that sickie that dictated the fan response though IMO. I agree, clubs, particularly ours, do love to ensure any big departing player is the enemy.

But with regards to Digne, at the time it was very public - Manager said he was in training, to start vs Chelsea but he made himself unavailable as felt sick last minute and couldn't play. He could have refuted that. Manager said Digne has asked to leave. Digne could have refuted that. A vague 'i'll not enter a war on words' after leaving is nothing really. His antics in faking injury when a plastic bottle went near him etc too. Pffft.

I think the club/board will have a hard time painting Richarlison as a boo boy.

We still need to get a lot of money for him to be allowed to go. I'm thinking £60m is what we need to be getting before a sale can be considered. He's worth more to us than any buying team and they need to reflect that.

In fact Pepe was over £70m and Richy is much better. So try £70m, not 60.

Pepe was an anomaly.

Arsenal sacked board members and directors and all sorts over the fact they paid that high when Lille didn’t even value him that high.

That said. We paid £50m, and since then he’s gone on to establish himself as a premier league quality player, and established himself in the Brazil side.

We should be demanding at least £70m.

Fair well sweet Prince. I will remember you more fondly than Lukaku. I hope you find a good club who pay us handsomely

It was that sickie that dictated the fan response though IMO. I agree, clubs, particularly ours, do love to ensure any big departing player is the enemy.

But with regards to Digne, at the time it was very public - Manager said he was in training, to start vs Chelsea but he made himself unavailable as felt sick last minute and couldn't play. He could have refuted that. Manager said Digne has asked to leave. Digne could have refuted that. A vague 'i'll not enter a war on words' after leaving is nothing really. His antics in faking injury when a plastic bottle went near him etc too. Pffft.

I think the club/board will have a hard time painting Richarlison as a boo boy.
Lets hope you are right, but they wont turn me!

If we waste the money and bring in bang average replacements, then we are going to be relegated.
I'm not usually into the ol' hyperbole, but this season we'd have likely gone down without his influence. For me, he offers so much - our talisman so to speak.

We've lost many great players over the years and we've often been able to replace them, so it's not the end of the world yet, but do I trust our current board?

That's where the worry lies: not losing Richarlison yet rather losing him and not getting a suitable replacement. It's a big task for Thelwell if it does occur.

Emphasis on the if here... let's not jump to conclusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.