2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pepe was an anomaly.

Arsenal sacked board members and directors and all sorts over the fact they paid that high when Lille didn’t even value him that high.

That said. We paid £50m, and since then he’s gone on to establish himself as a premier league quality player, and established himself in the Brazil side.

We should be demanding at least £70m.
I think we’ll have a potential issue in that driving up the price might involve some brinksmanship on our part. Not sure the club can afford to wait until the last minute to do business this summer but I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised if we’re flailing about like mad on deadline day trying to spend the Richy money and having signed nobody else lol

Well that second Tweet deffo changes things :(
I don't think it moves the needle.

I think even in the optimistic reading of the first tweet, it would suggest that if he were to stay, he wanted something in return from the club. A salary increase, a guarantee of some description, a release clause.... something.

So in this (almost certainly overly) optimistic scenario, either he gets whatever he wants or he goes.

Essentially, the "I might be leaving" thing was there anyway. I don't think the second quote changes that.

Only player I've genuinely liked since Cahill.

Will be a big character loss, but if there is a good offer £50m+ then his main legacy could be helping us completely reset the Mosh era.

Getting in a 3-4 younger players, which him going would allow from an FFP position, gives us a big chance to renew the squad.

Very bittersweet.

It's not a shock that he wants to leave - this is how football works. We came 16th after a shambolic season and he wants to play no.9 for Brazil in a world cup. Why should he show any loyalty to us when those that run the club have not been able to show they have any clue how to improve the club?

I've thought it's been pretty inevitable he would leave, but what happens afterwards will be crucial. If we waste the money and bring in bang average replacements, then we are going to be relegated.
Your spot on. Money wise I feel it’s cheaper to replace Richie then DCL. Due to the fact strikers having a premium. But it’s harder to find someone with Richie work rate and goal threat. If that makes any sense.

Only player I've genuinely liked since Cahill.

Will be a big character loss, but if there is a good offer £50m+ then his main legacy could be helping us completely reset the Mosh era.

Getting in a 3-4 younger players, which him going would allow from an FFP position, gives us a big chance to renew the squad.

Very bittersweet.
£70m at least. He starts for Brazil.

It’s hard reading quotes that he’s probably said in Brazilian and have been translated into pigeon (lol) English

I’m hopeful that our board, Frank and co. know he wants to stay on an improved contract with better players around him but I can see him leaving obviously if there is interest from a top team

I'm not usually into the ol' hyperbole, but this season we'd have likely gone down without his influence. For me, he offers so much - our talisman so to speak.

We've lost many great players over the years and we've often been able to replace them, so it's not the end of the world yet, but do I trust our current board?

That's where the worry lies: not losing Richarlison yet rather losing him and not getting a suitable replacement. It's a big task for Thelwell if it does occur.

Emphasis on the if here... let's not jump to conclusions.

We have a new DOF and a new manager so they get a chance to prove themselves. We have to see what they can do and not judge them on the past. We just need to hope that they are allowed to do their jobs properly.

I don't think I'm going over the top though with what I said. We survived by the skin of our teeth because we were able to score more goals than Burnley. If we sell our main goalscorer, and don't replace him well, then we are in enormous trouble. We didn't even get 40 points this season. We have very little margin for error anymore. We either get it right and work our way back towards midtable, or we continue to get it wrong and inevitably we go down in the next year or two.

I really hope he goes abroad, but if I were Ten Hag I'd be making him my priority in the summer. He's exactly what Man Ure have lacked - not just a brilliant footballer, but a fighter who never gives less than 100%. I'm sure Roy Keane would approve if the Mancs gave us £80m for him.

I really hope he goes abroad, but if I were Ten Hag I'd be making him my priority in the summer. He's exactly what Man Ure have lacked - not just a brilliant footballer, but a fighter who never gives less than 100%. I'm sure Roy Keane would approve if the Mancs gave us £80m for him.

Wouldn't sell to them for less than £100m to be honest. Should be seeing that woeful side as a rival over the next couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.