2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but he signed a contract for two more years surely it should apply the other way also. I don't think it will he will be sold but why should we just bend to richarlisons requests when he quite happily signed a contract for a lot of cash. Promises aren't worth the paper they're written on especially as we've had two changes of manager since.

Bill and Farhad said in March this year keep us and up and you can go. We shouldn't go back on that.

Four years of service and passion from Richarlison. He got what we as fans are and tapped into it. When players resonate that well with our fans they have staunch backers for life, it’s limited to a few and just another massive shame we didn’t get to see them with a cup above their head wearing royal blue.
I much rather see him leave for a foreign club.

Trying to force Richarlison to stay isn't fair though. We did the same with Lukaku and that never ended well. If you make a player a promise you should stick to it.
Lukaku got 25 league goals and 6 league assists in his last season with us before we got 100 odd million for him. I’d say that worked out just fine.

Lukaku was fantastic but our fans ended up hating him because he wanted to leave.
Fans hated him because he talked [Poor language removed] about the club every time he was on international duty.
Richarlison on the other hand has been nothing but respectful about the club and even winds up kopites in his spare time. Lukaku was never a blue, he was just someone who scored our goals.
We loved Lukaku’s goals, but we love Richarlison period.

Lukaku got 25 league goals and 6 league assists in his last season with us before we got 100 odd million for him. I’d say that worked out just fine.
According to the transfer market website, we got a total of £76.23m for him. The initial fee was £75m with potential for £15m in target driven add ons. I’m gathering he didn’t trigger that many of them.

If he throws a request in none of us should think anything bad about him, in fac it would be better for us

….I doubt he’d have to do that. If he wants to leave, he will be allowed to go as long as a buyer meets our evaluation. Richarlison spoke recently of meeting with the Board regarding his future, the days of handing in a request are rare.

Lukaku was fantastic but our fans ended up hating him because he wanted to leave.
Bit more too it than that though, he was spouting about his next move and big teams etc almost from the moment he signed.
While there’s a degree of honestly in it, and in truth most fans know the score, the persistent ramming down our throats via foreign press at every opportunity is why he’s not held in higher regard.

Apparently his agent said he wants to play for a bigger club than us
Well that’s disappointing if true
He isn’t the best passer of the ball and also lacks pace

Get the best price and goodbye!

Status
Not open for further replies.