2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ill be honest as a spurs fan im really not sure about this guy. If i were a betting man id say he'll be one we're looking to flog in 18 months time. He doesnt get in the team ahead of Kane, Son or Kulu so not sure he gets many minutes apart from the league cup and probably champions league as Conte seemingly doesnt care too much for cup competitions. Personally i can see his personality clashing with Contes from day one let alone when hes only getting 10 mins here and there and then goes in to super sulk mode. The whole move just doesnt seem like a good fit for me but obviously hope im proved wrong.

I see that TalkTripe are spinning this as a player who's raw and needs the guidance of Conte to bring the best out and the fee is a non-issue for them.

GTF. Everton now doubt happy with that and probably hoped they'd spin it that way.

Ill be honest as a spurs fan im really not sure about this guy. If i were a betting man id say he'll be one we're looking to flog in 18 months time. He doesnt get in the team ahead of Kane, Son or Kulu so not sure he gets many minutes apart from the league cup and probably champions league as Conte seemingly doesnt care too much for cup competitions. Personally i can see his personality clashing with Contes from day one let alone when hes only getting 10 mins here and there and then goes in to super sulk mode. The whole move just doesnt seem like a good fit for me but obviously hope im proved wrong.
Clueless.

If I'm being honest he's only moving to Spurs because..

a) we desperately need the money and Spurs wanted him the most, and..

b) he'll at least fancy his chances of playing in a number of CL games next season and he didn't really care who it was with

I just find it weird he's going to a club where he isn't going to beat guaranteed starter and he seemingly both knows and is ok with that.
As I said in my post - I think from his perspective he just wants a stab at CL footy and because Spurs were at the front of the queue he was just happy to go along with them.

I'm not one of these fans who's out there claiming we're going to win anything - we're Spurs, bottling it is what we do.

But in the past 6 seasons, we've reached 3 cup finals (including the UCL), had three top-3 finishes and one top-2 finish. Sure, we didn't win any of them, because we lack the mentality and at times lacked the quality. But the claim that we don't compete is demonstrably false.

Will we win stuff under Conte? No idea, but he's our best bet, and streets ahead of Pochettino. Put us in three cup finals under Conte and my feeling would be that we'd win one or two of them. Richarlison presumably agrees.

As with these situations, there tends to be different positions. On the one hand theres no doubt Spurs are a better bet than Everton currently, and over the last few years have been.

However, the idea Spurs are levels ahead to me is also just not true. Last season we defeated you twice home and away, and were neck and neck with you. We have been a top 10 team for about 15 years, and not had a relegation dogfight in about 20 years. So the teams are also not levels apart.

Had we kept Carlo, or appointed Conte, and you Benitez, I think we would have finished above you.

But that being said, it is a move upwards.

Quicker this board are all removed the better for me and i mean every fecking one of them. They are an absolute disgrace. Not only lost our best player to a rival due to years of mismanagement at all levels but bullied into taking less value than he is actually worth. If you look at the two clubs histories, the lad is actually taking a step down to get the hell out of the club never mind a sideways step and who can blame him. They might be better than us at the moment and offer him champions league football but lets face it nearly everyone is better than relegation fodder Everton currently. Most of them are ran a lot better than us, Spurs included.

We wont get anywhere until the whole board is cleared out including all of the jobs for boys leeches and a group of competent professionals are running the club. Then we might have players who actually want to be at the club and stay at a well ran club.

Thanks for staying as long as you could stand it Richy. Not going to say good luck though because i think you are a proper tit for going sideways or backwards to a rival club when you are good enough for the likes of Real Madrid imo.

I’d say around 10 years ago that Spurs, Villa and Everton were all on a similar level, but Spurs have moved dramatically in the opposite direction to the other 2 since.

I think that still hurts a few of our fans who are in a bit of denial about it.
When Mike Tyson continued to fight in his late career and wasn't winning did/does that take away his standing in the sport.

If you compred him to a fighter who consistently got to finals, but only became champ twice would that make them comparible or better if they were still doing so?

Is it wrong to melt cheese onto a pancake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back