Rigged league

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is it. ^^^

There is no consistency on ANYTHING week to week.

For that reason it's hard to judge whether we're seeing inconsistency of approach to decision making or corruption.
A week ago, against Leeds, Liverpool had two penalties in the first 30 minutes of the game. Both disputed, one didn't even go to VAR. It is strange how many disputed penalties end up in favour of the top sides.

I care...and anyone from Liverpool would when we're the one's who'll have our noses rubbed in it for weeks and months if that lot won their 2nd title in 32 years.
They didn't enter my head yesterday. This obsession with them is part of why we are so crap. They are an absolute irrelevance and I'm embarrassed listening to this tosh about silver linings. People need to grow up and stop acting like we are 10 year olds

Ye cant blame incompetence. Its a high level official that has been chosing to govern a simple rule. With all the time in the world.

Its like a lad started off working in tesco and worked his way up to be manager and comes in one day and claims he doesn't know what a cash register is. That is not incompetence.

Its either some medical brain condition. Or corruption. And id like him to retire with a note from the doctor or been charged with corruption. One or the other.
At its absolute best, it is a great example of confirmation bias where one tries their hardest to justify a preconceived idea/hypothesis by making the evidence fit and seeing what they want to see from the evidence.

Or it could be a corrupt narrative, you choose, either way it is unacceptable in such high stakes, high value situations

I have said in the mental health thread that you shouldn't get that invested in Everton (as in letting them ruin your day or affecting your mood) because you can't control anything that happens. That being said I am just so absolutely floored at how they screwed the team yesterday. "Livid" is an understatement still.

A week ago, against Leeds, Liverpool had two penalties in the first 30 minutes of the game. Both disputed, one didn't even go to VAR. It is strange how many disputed penalties end up in favour of the top sides.
Unquestionably. The issue is whether it favours one of them over the other...and I'd say at the other end of the table, where the dregs of the PL are, whether we or Watford or Burnley get the favours....you can be sure the PL Co. LTD want Everton to stay in their business rather than those other relegation threatened teams.

At its absolute best, it is a great example of confirmation bias where one tries their hardest to justify a preconceived idea/hypothesis by making the evidence fit and seeing what they want to see from the evidence.

Or it could be a corrupt narrative, you choose, either way it is unacceptable in such high stakes, high value situations
Agree. But there's confirmation bias then there's that desperate part of confirmation bias where you know you probably have neen proven wrong and and you are just scrambling to do what you can to save face. Which goes from just a disire to prove what you believe in to something more dodgey.

They didn't enter my head yesterday. This obsession with them is part of why we are so crap. They are an absolute irrelevance and I'm embarrassed listening to this tosh about silver linings. People need to grow up and stop acting like we are 10 year olds
They are not an irrelevance and anyone who knows what makes football supporters tick knows that. Local rivalry is the core of football club support.

If you think Liverpool fans from Liverpool want to beat United or Milan more than they do us then you are dead wrong.

They are not an irrelevance and anyone who knows what makes football supporters tick knows that. Local rivalry is the core of football club support.

If you think Liverpool fans from Liverpool want to beat United or Milan more than they do us then you are dead wrong.
They are irrelevant when we are fighting relegation and they are second. Rivalries are supposed to be competitive and this one is not.

Anyone who thinks losing yesterday was a good thing because it hurt Liverpool, then I dont see them as an Evertonian. I see them as a wind up merchant or deluded.

They are irrelevant when we are fighting relegation and they are second. Rivalries are supposed to be competitive and this one is not.

Anyone who thinks losing yesterday was a good thing because it hurt Liverpool, then I dont see them as an Evertonian. I see them as a wind up merchant or deluded.
It was a silver lining.

Perhaps you disagree with that?

I see a lot of pissed off Kopites today and that makes me feel slightly better.

Accept our culture.

Alternatively, that could be the moment that denied Liverpool the title.
The same Liverpool that you have been saying had lost the league about 3 months ago, that they were finished, that Liverpool?!?

Sick of you writing that shower off for months then bigging up Everton loosing against their title rivals, it's just so boring and predictable.

I couldn't give a shiny [Poor language removed] about the vermin after yesterday's shocking decision, I'm norrarsed about them and nor should any of us be considering the situation and position your mate Benitez has put us in.

I wanted a result for Everton that the players and fans had earned and deserved for that performance, and I want consistent, unbiased, non-corrupt officials and var system that works for all teams properly - it's not that difficult to comprehend if your a fan of Everton or football in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.