Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, just in utter shock here.

It is. We score goals, but the style is mindnumbing. Passing the ball around in front of the defence for 90 minutes is just terrible.

E.g. We had a free kick about 40 yards out at one point today, with an angle to cross the ball in. But we don't put it into the box. We pass it backwards/sideways twice, and its back at Joel. That wouldn't have happened under any previous Everton manager. It's awful.

He has to go, same predictable tactics every game, brings off or refuses to start with players who can create something, persists with Kone hoping one day he will prove he is worth the £5m wasted on him. Players are starting to look like they can't be arsed, so it seems he is losing their confidence and is unable to motivate them, then turns on the fans blaming home form on them!!

Out now and give it to Dunc till the end of the season and go from there IMO.

don't you think that Dunc is too close to Martinez

If it is to go temp. and Internal... for gods sake not Moyes no, no, once he gets in we'll take another 11 years to get him out.

Then it has to be Unsworth and Sheedy, with Dunc for imput, maybe. They at least have been running teams, not sat on the bench keeping schtum and kicking a ball with the bench warmers at HT

Not going to vote as I don't like the answer if give 1 hour after the latest capitulation, but what I want is a manager to change the attitude of the whole club - players and fans alike.

We the fans are as much to blame. After that equaliser went in look at the comments on the match thread. One of the first was 'hope the smash the RS in the final'. We don't believe we will win games like that. A boss manager needs to get hold of the club and tell us that this shithouse attitude we have is no more. Who that manager is I have no idea right now as I'm proper pissed off to think long term right now

I like Martinez. Just think he's too nice a guy. We need a hard nosed arrogant man to take us on. He isn't that type.

I think it's prime time, what the point in getting rid and giving the potential new manager NO time to convince our stars to stay. A new manager could come in and it will give him a minimum of 16 games to inspire them to stay.

Yep I can see that argument. Believing in keeping him would suggest that there's faith long term that he will become a great manager for us. I'm very torn right now.

I've not been his biggest fan over the past few months. The team has been letting leads slip and dropping points for too long. My view was to give him until the end of the season.

However, it genuinely feels pathetic that some on here were genuinely giving him a reprieve based on the league cup! I am open to good arguments but if you are jumping to the "out camp" because we got knocked out of that Micky mouse tin pot you need your head testing.

If you want him gone now you should have wanted him gone last week. I don't feel I learned anything tonight that I didn't know already. I'm surprised so many of you seem to have been influenced by that.

Judge an Everton manager over the league not the capital one cup!

Martinez should be worried but not because of tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back