Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This tell you how small time some posters are. Why can't you sack Martinez even he wins the cup? Look at his track record in the league for the past 2 years. He deserves the sack.

I'm not going to defend his track record in the league over the past two seasons, I'm really not. However, I do believe that his first season in charge and an FA Cup triumph this season should buy him some time. I've revelled in the recent managerial stability at the club and would be happy to see that continue if he delivers a trophy. I prefer to stay positive for now, but will reassess if it all goes pear-shaped.

Yeah, he doesn't deserve that. For all his daft comments, he will be doing his best as he will be desperate to avoid the sack, as this is likely to be the biggest club he will manage. He's a nice guy, but its just not worked out.
Agree with genuine and nice guy.

...it really, really wouldn't be MOOM's. His record - minus the FA cup win - is pretty well all about underachievement & failure to adapt. And by his own admission he isn't going to change the way he operates. He has told us, numerous, that this is the case...He doesn't learn as he goes and that's actually the sad part because he is - without question - a passionate and committed man. But it's the one-track commitment to his 'philosophy' that's gonna potentially cost him his job and possibly even a sparkling and successful career. He'd also do well to learn a bit of humility from the likes of FLORES etc...every interview now seems to outline the distance by which he thinks he's unaccountable for the current mess and palaver.

He isn't. It is down to him and nobody else. Players play to his instruction and his instruction, clearly, doesn't work for the most part.

And when that happens there is- as we well know - no plan B in place.

It just repeats and repeats and repeats...

And that, m'friend, is a terrible shame.

It could have been great. Instead I fear he'll simply be remembered as an EVERTON 'Nearly Man'...as the man who had all the pieces in the model box but no idea how to put it together.

You cant really be the manager ofa major club like ours and shirk responsibility. If the team do not perform then you either own the problem or by saying you dont own the problem you effectively admit you are not in control - its a lose /lose situation!

Don't they hate bruce because of the way he left them? The wigan fans in work talk about him in glowing terms when he managed them
And that just reminds me of how much some of them (around their forums) laughed at us when we got Roberto and said "you'll be sick of him soon enough".

Fast-forward a year - yup, spot on, they were right.

Where's @Charles Hawtrey when you need him?
upload_2016-4-20_8-38-25.webp

Fearful face for tonight.....

Haha assume he isnt coming here mate.

Pretty much we get jose if no-one else offers him a better job this summer.

Dont do this to me hahahaha.

Nah it think we would be probably low down on the list of his preferred clubs, think we would be stupid to think otherwise. However I do fully believe we pose an interesting challenge to him (and every other manager), and if Moshiri gives him what he wants to a degree i can see it happening.

Its a dream, but I am hoping our new majority owner and board set up will push forward with accepting nothing but the best. He is clearly at the top of that list, speak to him, convince him, hug him, do anything to get him in the home dressing room.

Dont do this to me hahahaha.

Nah it think we would be probably low down on the list of his preferred clubs, think we would be stupid to think otherwise. However I do fully believe we pose an interesting challenge to him (and every other manager), and if Moshiri gives him what he wants to a degree i can see it happening.

Its a dream, but I am hoping our new majority owner and board set up will push forward with accepting nothing but the best. He is clearly at the top of that list, speak to him, convince him, hug him, do anything to get him in the home dressing room.
Going on what esk said about it, if PSG and united looked elsewhere then yes, he would come here if we offered him a job.

Until he (or we) have a new manager/job in place then hang your hope on it happening, stranger things have happened haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back