Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He still thinks the silent majority of fans are with him........:oops:

The only positive crum to come from this week (If we get tonked twice) would be that there will be no where for Roberto to Hide

Hope you are right mate, but I am beginning to get some horrible thoughts that he is here for a while.
I think if he is then the board will get the message that no one wants him here and probably sack him soon enough.

I believe @The Esk though - we probably have someone lined up and Martinez is in free fall 'til the end of the season.

Get out of our our club... Get out of our club... Roberto Martinez, Get out of our club... even a win tonight and on Saturday isn't going to change my mind about his capability to manage EFC. Not good enough on any level.

That headline alone, he knows it will end up succesfully. Despite the team doing the complete opposite in the last 2 years.

See for me it boild down to this, we could sell players and rebuild as some others have put in dfefence of him, but what type of player would you buy?

sell lukaku - sign a striker who will score 25-30 goals a season. Except rom is already that
sell barkley- sign a young fielder who is creative and can drive with the ball as well as score. Except Barkley is already that.
Sell stones- Sign a top defender. Except stones with better coaching will be that.

And so on.

See what i mean, thats the issue with the team, we have the right players in key positions, it isn't the players or the fact it is not a 'martinez' team as people have made out. It is simply bad management that is the problem here. So relating to the quote from roberto above, if he can't do it succesfully with these players already here, how does he think he can achieve this when they are gone?

That headline alone, he knows it will end up succesfully. Despite the team doing the complete opposite in the last 2 years.

See for me it boild down to this, we could sell players and rebuild as some others have put in dfefence of him, but what type of player would you buy?

sell lukaku - sign a striker who will score 25-30 goals a season. Except rom is already that
sell barkley- sign a young fielder who is creative and can drive with the ball as well as score. Except Barkley is already that.
Sell stones- Sign a top defender. Except stones with better coaching will be that.

And so on.

See what i mean, thats the issue with the team, we have the right players in key positions, it isn't the players or the fact it is not a 'martinez' team as people have made out. It is simply bad management that is the problem here. So relating to the quote from roberto above, if he can't do it succesfully with these players already here, how does he think he can achieve this when they are gone?

Yep. All and exactly that.;)

I'd prefer to play Pontius Pilate after the semi-final, to be honest. If he can deliver the FA Cup, then I would like to see him stay to at least December 2016. It's been too long without a trophy.

QUIQUE FACING SACK?

Watford manager Quique Sanchez Flores could be in danger of getting sacked at the end of the season, according to the Daily Mail.

Reportedly, the Watford board have been disappointed with the team's form since Christmas and their FA Cup achievements of reaching the semi-final is 'masking' their poor performances in the Premier League.

Flores has been in charge of Watford since June 2015 with the club currently sitting 12th in the league.

That is bloody Watford!! They might be getting rid of a manager who has comfortably kept them in the league because he has underperformed since Christmas!! Here we are 18 months later with a fella who has underperformed for 18 months not 4/5 and the press are only just talking about him getting the boot

Fine. But my experience was, and still is, different. Bruce they hated, not heard much about Jewell..were is he now? Its all about opinions!!
Fair comment, but to say the people who went to the Wigan games hated Bruce is just not true. Don't see what Jewell is or isn't doing now has to do with it. On topic, reluctantly, I would like to see Martinez replaced as soon as the season ends. Would be pointless to prolong the agony!

Very thin line between success and failure, he was close to getting the team right at the start of the season. But, it's off course now. Maybe the FA cup could buy him more time, it would be hard to sack him if he won our first trophy in 21 years.

...it really, really wouldn't be MOOM's. His record - minus the FA cup win - is pretty well all about underachievement & failure to adapt. And by his own admission he isn't going to change the way he operates. He has told us, numerous, that this is the case...He doesn't learn as he goes and that's actually the sad part because he is - without question - a passionate and committed man. But it's the one-track commitment to his 'philosophy' that's gonna potentially cost him his job and possibly even a sparkling and successful career. He'd also do well to learn a bit of humility from the likes of FLORES etc...every interview now seems to outline the distance by which he thinks he's unaccountable for the current mess and palaver.

He isn't. It is down to him and nobody else. Players play to his instruction and his instruction, clearly, doesn't work for the most part.

And when that happens there is- as we well know - no plan B in place.

It just repeats and repeats and repeats...

And that, m'friend, is a terrible shame.

It could have been great. Instead I fear he'll simply be remembered as an EVERTON 'Nearly Man'...as the man who had all the pieces in the model box but no idea how to put it together.

Fair comment, but to say the people who went to the Wigan games hated Bruce is just not true. Don't see what Jewell is or isn't doing now has to do with it. On topic, reluctantly, I would like to see Martinez replaced as soon as the season ends. Would be pointless to prolong the agony!

Don't they hate bruce because of the way he left them? The wigan fans in work talk about him in glowing terms when he managed them

Just seen a post from another Everton site forum from a user which seems to have good info going by the things he/she has got right before;

"We have 100% spoken to Mourinho about becoming our manager"

I'd like to think we at least tried to speak to him - anything less would be an absolute joke. Out of contract manager that has won it all and no obvious place to go, it would be completely foolish not to at least speak to him.

I am hoping Moshiri is the type of man who wouldn't take no for an answer too and promised him anything he wanted.

Including cuddling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back