Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Closet we are ever going to get to that is Leighton saying there is no chemistry and he got shut down double time

But honestly if he said the right things would it make a difference with the performances we have seen ?

Not with me TBH
No, but it would make that proverbial rope a little longer from me. Honesty is all most people want in life. If you have watched us in pretty much the entire second half of this season, EVERYONE can see we are dire. At least in the first half we were scoring loads(and conceeding as much if not more). The second half has been just woeful. Saying 'we need to get back to the attacking football of the first half of the season and tighten up in the back' would make most realize that ok, at LEAST he recognizes the problem. He is like the kid with his fingers in his ears and eyes shut yelling 'I CAN'T HEAR YOU!' the whole time.

I called Martinez out as a snake oil salesman months ago. Over the intervening period, my dislike toward the man intensified to the point of my challenging all the "he's a nice bloke but..." comments. I called him out as an autocratic vindictive narcissist ...not a nice bloke at all.
And now, to me, he's kind of become just a figure of delusion and abject failure. My feelings of enmity toward him have dissipated and I actually feel a little sorry for him. I don't wish slow lingering death upon anyone.

He needs to be put out of his misery as soon as practicably possible.

Sacked on Monday hopefully !
It may happen on Monday but only if we get knocked out, they wont get rid if he gets us to the final so I hope he's not sacked on Monday. I believe we will have a new manager regardless next season so lets win the derby and FA cup then get rid.. Believe me no one wants him out more than me, but if it was going to happen before the end of the season it would of happened during the last few weeks.

“It is about the style of football, not how good you are with that style."

"And he suggested that the silent majority of supporters understand"

"I’ve had many more signs from fans who see what we are trying to do, and can see where we are going."

“I’ve had letters and met some fans at the ground who were very supportive."

"I’ve had many more signs from fans who see what we are trying to do, and can see where we are going — they know it is going to end up successfully"

"they say they can see a team that has showed so much bravery"

“It gives you the satisfaction that certain fans can see the results of what we are trying to achieve."

tumblr_lxho337XjJ1qfc8v2o1_1280.gif

I just can't see us sacking him if we win the cup. It would have been easier to sack him in the last week or so if we were going to. Winning the first silverware for over 20 years and getting sacked the week after just doesn't seem likely to me.

I truly hope Esk is right though obviously

I just can't see us sacking him if we win the cup. It would have been easier to sack him in the last week or so if we were going to. Winning the first silverware for over 20 years and getting sacked the week after just doesn't seem likely to me.
It is conceivable that he wins the Cup and him and Everton still part company. After all, didn't he win the cup with Wigan and yet he and Wigan then 'separated' ?

Just seen this on BBC

The Daily Mail are reporting that Quique Sanchez Flores could be replaced as Watford manager. They claim that the team's collapse in form since the turn of the year - winning just three times in the league - has caused concern among the club's hierarchy.

I know its the daily fail, but surely Watford has surpassed their target of staying in the league this season - the fact if its true about them looking at replacing him based on results from the turn of the year (and they are in the same semi final as us) makes it even more obvious about our board under its previous makeup.

Hopefully our board moving forward doesnt accept under achievement.

It is conceivable that he wins the Cup and him and Everton still part company. After all, didn't he win the cup with Wigan and yet he and Wigan then 'separated' ?

He left on his own accord though...and relegated them! I just can't see us being that ruthless. Hopefully the Moshiri effect will help in that way

This is what really cheeses me off, and what actually pushed me off the fence into the 'OUT' camp.

I have never heard a manager ever spout so much crap in their pre/post match interviews, I never thought it could ever be done, but Martinez has actually surpassed Rodgers!
I doubt what I have seen with my own eyes when I listen to him. I will never forget when he explained to Jamie Caragher on MNF why our defenders(full backs) go forward in attack our midfielders then cover defensively, Caragher was nonplussed and so was I.

I doubt what I have seen with my own eyes when I listen to him. I will never forget when he explained to Jamie Caragher on MNF why our defenders(full backs) go forward in attack our midfielders then cover defensively, Caragher was nonplussed and so was I.

Its like the Paul Merson clip (further back in this thread I think). The post match comments bear no resemblance to the match. If you didn't know any of our results this season and only listened to his post match interviews you would thing we were shoe ins for Champions League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back