Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirmed - CELTIC job up for grabs at the season end....he's a PERFECT fit. Perfect....

Good luck BOB.

Deila told Celtic's website: "There have been some disappointments and times when we have not achieved what we had hoped for.

"And I'm realistic and honest enough to admit that."

I wonder if/when Martinez goes if he says something honest along them lines... some glaring honesty would be nice to be honest instead of fluff.

Deila told Celtic's website: "There have been some disappointments and times when we have not achieved what we had hoped for.

I wonder if/when Martinez goes if he says something honest along them lines... some glaring honesty would be nice to be honest instead of fluff.

That would require some self-knowledge on his behalf but his latest ramblings strongly suggest he is nowhere near that state at the moment. Like the Shakespearean character King Lear he is totally deluded: like Lear, perhaps the self-knowledge will manifest itself after his downfall. Preferably soon...

I would respect Martinez far more than I do now if he said things we all see. At least then it would feel like he was doing something about it.

i noticed the centre backs splitting, then them receiving the ball..no space, pass back to joel who then booted it..err, what was the point in that then?
Not sure what your getting at mate?
That's what happens the team is set up on the attack like:
Joel
Stones. Mori
Barry
McCarthy
------------------------------------------
Coleman. Baines

Lennon Cleverly
Barkley
Lukaku

Something like this looked right when writing it but might not appear how I want it to but anyway.. So opposition press so we have to hit long passes. What we should be doing is creating triangles. Moving the ball quicker. Showing intent off the ball to create space and understanding each other's game. Spurs are very good example of "how to" and are basically playing the same formation as us but everyone knows their job and everyone wants the ball.
Our players pass the ball and then that's it job done let the next player do something with it. Players shy away hide behind opponents. No passion or agression shown. McCarthy is half the player he should be. Barkley has his faults but we seem to have squeezed his space as a team by pushing wingers in field and pushing full backs up as wingers
Baines was spot on there is no chemistry for what ever reason and it's clear to see

Last edited:

I would respect Martinez far more than I do now if he said things we all see. At least then it would feel like he was doing something about it.

Admitting he is out of his depth is tantamount to signing his own death warrant as there is nothing he can do about it without betraying his philosophies

No way he is going to do that even if he actually believes it mate, it all about self preservation with him.

I hope the Esk is right and he will get told to do one in the summer or before then.

Admitting he is out of his depth is tantamount to signing his own death warrant as there is nothing he can do about it without betraying his philosophies

No way he is going to do that even if he actually believes it mate, it all about self preservation with him.

I hope the Esk is right and he will get told to do one in the summer or before then.

Obviously saying 'i'm way out of my depth here' isn't going to happen. But just a little more honesty that it might actually be his fault. It is never seemingly his fault.

Obviously saying 'i'm way out of my depth here' isn't going to happen. But just a little more honesty that it might actually be his fault. It is never seemingly his fault.

Closet we are ever going to get to that is Leighton saying there is no chemistry and he got shut down double time

But honestly if he said the right things would it make a difference with the performances we have seen ?

Not with me TBH

This right here is exactly why I think the club has balled this whole saga up. Sack him before the Southampton match, get an air of positivity going in the ground. Let's face it, the players are playing for themselves in the cup.

Instead we keep him on board and I've never read more 'I'm not really arsed about the derby today honestly' than recently.

This is what really cheeses me off, and what actually pushed me off the fence into the 'OUT' camp.

I have never heard a manager ever spout so much crap in their pre/post match interviews, I never thought it could ever be done, but Martinez has actually surpassed Rodgers!

Closet we are ever going to get to that is Leighton saying there is no chemistry and he got shut down double time

But honestly if he said the right things would it make a difference with the performances we have seen ?

Not with me TBH

Nah you're probably right. We'd still be awful.

This right here is exactly why I think the club has balled this whole saga up. Sack him before the Southampton match, get an air of positivity going in the ground. Let's face it, the players are playing for themselves in the cup.

Instead we keep him on board and I've never read more 'I'm not really arsed about the derby today honestly' than recently.

I'm actually not bothered that I'm going to miss the match tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back