Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Naaaahhh, I think he's been informed of intentions behind the scenes.

At least I hope so as it may go some way to explaining the rambling.

This is what gets me.

Why inform him he is going at the end of the season?

Things are bad enough without de-motivating him further.

He should have been relieved of his duties already and an interim put in to keep Jose's seat warm.

so where next for Roberto? at Wigan he had the excuse of no money and constant injuries to key players but won the FA cup. With us he inherited a good team, was blessed with young players like Barkley and Stones, spent major money (for us) and has taken us from the best of the rest trying to break through that glass ceiling to mid table bottlers. I can't see another premierleague team giving him a chance.

Sweet baby jesus.....

“It is about the style of football, not how good you are with that style. I will always promote a style of football that will allow us to compete with any team – and not have a roof of the top seven."

hahahahahahaha. thats because the roof is currently 11th.... top 7 is an absolute pipe dream for Martinez at the moment.

I honestly thought he couldn't come out with more rubbish then he had... then i seen this.

“They have seen flashes of what we are about. Even seeing the team losing, they say they can see a team that has showed so much bravery, and so much attacking play, and so many signs from the players and good young players that they haven’t see before."

I must have missed all them people saying that we shown so much bravery... where was the bravery at the arsenal and Utd games? i don't think i can say we have been particularly brave in the last 2 seasons. his first season, we dared to be great - however that was the obvious fluke in the downward trend of Martinez tenure at everton.

Sweet baby jesus.....

“They have seen flashes of what we are about. Even seeing the team losing, they say they can see a team that has showed so much bravery, and so much attacking play, and so many signs from the players and good young players that they haven’t see before."

All wonderful stuff that.

meaningless without a win like

I think a Cup win would have no bearing on his Everton future. Clearly for Martinez it would make his next employment opportunity easier but beyond that, no.

I really appreciate the information you provide mate, thanks. Just in terms of timing, is there an idea at this stage of how soon things would "develop" either after the final league game / Cup final (in terms of a "mutual consent" announcement re Martinez and appointment of a new manager?).

Thanks again for the snippets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back