Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This might seem a little bit over the top and is in no way whatsoever meant to be or taken as being funny because it could be genuinely serious, but given some of his statements, comments and answers to questions in just the last couple of weeks, is Roberto Martinez so far in denial as to be edging close to some sort of breakdown?

He seems to have lost all sense of reality - surely he cannot seriously believe that what thousands of Evertonians, lots of the media and probably most of his fellow managers and coaches can see is that his methodology/philosophy/whatever you want to call it is patently not working.

He surely cannot fail to realise that his job and potentially his career in football management - certainly at this level - is in severe danger of ending much, much sooner than later, maybe as early as Monday ?

As you say Esk, it's extremely sad.

I am now past being angry at him, I'm beginning to feel that he is so lost that he is in danger of some sort of mental collapse.

For all the spouting we do here on this and other forums, I respectfully suggest nobody on here can claim to know what it's like to be in such a high profile and high pressure job, and for that I hope we can get a result tonight and beat Manu on Saturday - even if only to give him a slightly easier few more days/weeks as Everton manager as a change is surely coming.

Depends how you define pressure really. Plenty of people have the 'pressure' of feeding their families without a £ multi-million salary and/or a similar compensation scheme for dismissal regardless of how inept they are.

If he does have mental issues (along with his more obvious problems), then the people around him will doubtless be better equipped than most to get him helped.

Was hoping the first posting of that interview was doctored for a larrrrfffff.

Now I know it isn't it's actually quite worrying.

Same here.

I thought that could not possibly be a report on what had been said and dismissed it as a prank from Kith.

But too many of the normally sensible heads were agog at what was said so I clicked on the link and sure enough, there it was.

Sad days indeed.

Ye Gods.......just when I am back up the match tonight I read this garbage.

Is it too late now to fire him before the game tonight?

It's funny how people can manipulate the media. He'll say many fans can see what he's trying to do and all this, and many fans have been supportive, and people in the media will repeat this and it'll become the public perception without having any truth behind it.

I've yet to meet anyone who isn't calling for his head, not one person, and I mix with loads of different blues from all different backgrounds.

What top 7 roof? With Moyes it was a top 4 ceiling! Can I unread that interview, the man is a fool.

Same here.

I thought that could not possibly be a report on what had been said and dismissed it as a prank from Kith.

But too many of the normally sensible heads were agog at what was said so I clicked on the link and sure enough, there it was.

Sad days indeed.
The saddest of all is, he really thinks he is going to be here next Season,think about that.

Having read Esk's posts I am happily more optimistic about the future.

Still only watching the inevitable tonight though until the first goal has gone in, then i'm hiding under some coats until the morning.

I will give it to a second RS goal.

Though I will mute the sound after the first so as not to hear the mutants join our lads in a chorus of "sacked on Sunday morning".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back