Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
His comments are becoming more amd more bizarre.

Either Martinez is being extremely clever and looking for the club to sack him as a way out or he really has lost the plot.

I think it boils down to one thing.

Lose on saturday and there is no possible justification for carrying on with martinez next season.

Lose tonight as well, the fans will give up by sunday morning.

Get to the final and martinez can start spouting nonsense because chances are we will win the cup if we play a palace or watford final.

Basically if come the end of the season if we haven't won the cup then it's time to start new with a different manager, and pray to god that in some miracle you can convince your best player to give it one more year (which sounds awfully kopitey ala suarez)

His understanding of what is going on on the pitch, and in the stands, just grows weaker and weaker with every statement he makes.

It's extremely sad that having witnessed his, actually our, team unravel at an alarming rate, he himself now appears to be doing so.

With comments such as these it justifies further the decision to change managers.
He's clearly talking himself up for his next position, possibly already been told we will be looking elsewhere in the Summer.
Even so, these comments are staggeringly difficult for even his biggest supporters to digest I would have thought?

It's the Derby tonight and Wembley at the weekend and all I can think about it how excited I am for next season under a boss new manager.

12493698.jpg

Aiming higher than Moyes and ending up Lower errrrrmmmm
To be fair we did take the recently relegated manager as the replacement, after seeing the same manager in relegation battles the two years before that as well.

Looking back now, it's actually kind of funny to think that the end result of this was anything other than poor performances and underachieving.

It's the Derby tonight and Wembley at the weekend and all I can think about it how excited I am for next season under a boss new manager.

Me too,I'll be honest and say I'm not even arsed about the games this week at all maybe because I don't think we gonna get anything out of them.

To be fair we did take the recently relegated manager as the replacement, after seeing the same manager in relegation battles the two years before that as well.

Looking back now, it's actually kind of funny to think that the end result of this was anything other than poor performances and underachieving.

Exactly this
Keep doing what you always did keep getting what you always got
As long as Bobby continues to do the same things he will continue to get the same results
2 seasons results are enough to define the trend .... It isn't upwards

Exactly this
Keep doing what you always did keep getting what you always got
As long as Bobby continues to do the same things he will continue to get the same results
2 seasons results are enough to define the trend .... It isn't upwards
also add the fact not only did we sign a relegated manager, but we also brought his striker / goalkeeper / midfielder and defender with him!

so we almost figuratively signed a relegated manager and the spine of the relegated team in one go

I've heard there are some people that still genuinely actively want him to stay. If that is true I have to ask, why? Can you give me one single good reason as to why you think we would benefit more from keeping him than getting rid?

I met one the other day, his only reasoning was that "it doesn't do you any good to change managers every 3 years". Right o

also add the fact not only did we sign a relegated manager, but we also brought his striker / goalkeeper / midfielder and defender with him!

so we almost figuratively signed a relegated manager and the spine of the relegated team in one go

Said this at the time when we signed them all, if it wasn't Martinez's fault that Wigan went down, and it wasn't Joel, Alcaraz, McCarthy or Kone's fault, the list is suspects begins to run a little thin.

I've never woke up less arsed on derby day - i hope that changes as we get closer to kick off! It's not due to form or injuries, lets be honest we've played them with worse squads in lower league positions in the past and I've still been fired up and confident we can win - the difference this time is that with Roberto in charge i don't see any fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back