Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never woke up less arsed on derby day - i hope that changes as we get closer to kick off! It's not due to form or injuries, lets be honest we've played them with worse squads in lower league positions in the past and I've still been fired up and confident we can win - the difference this time is that with Roberto in charge i don't see any fight.

...ditto. Not a good feeling is it?

Said this at the time when we signed them all, if it wasn't Martinez's fault that Wigan went down, and it wasn't Joel, Alcaraz, McCarthy or Kone's fault, the list is suspects begins to run a little thin.

yeah, as i said earlier, it is amazing how we expected any different from it in hindsight, it is incredible that we did that and expected progress.

Is that Bulgarian for a good bumming?

e6b05d84aa03333b6935b6076aa7dfcf.jpg

Where's @Charles Hawtrey when you need him?

I think we are being a little harsh here, when he said to Bill ` I will get you Champions League` we missed the bit
at the end `the away games Champions league`

@The Esk is playing a blinder, calming everyone's nerves ahead of the two big games.

Take a bow, son ;)

Only slight problem is The Esk said "enjoy" the next two games? Without giving too much away I must be rapidly heading towards one hundred derbies give or take, and I think I've "enjoyed" about ten of them! If I enjoy tonight It'll be an unexpected bonus!

Last edited:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/defiant-roberto-martinez-warns-fed-7788641

Defiant Roberto Martinez warns fed-up Evertonians he won't change his philosophy because it WILL work
"I’ve had many more signs from fans who see what we are trying to do, and can see where we are going — they know it is going to end up successfully"

Getty
Watford-v-Everton.jpg

Demolition derby: The 'Martinez Out' calls will get louder if Everton lose at Anfield on Wednesday
Roberto Martinez is adamant he will not be deflected by ferocious criticism from angry Everton fans.

And the Goodison boss claims that far from being hurt by stinging recent attacks from furious individuals – with one confronting him in the stand at an U21s gameand another running onto the pitch during the draw with Southampton at the weekend to vent his frustration – he is inspired by the support coming from the vast majority of Blues.

And he suggested that the silent majority of supporters understand that he is following the tough path of trying to introduce a footballing philosophy that will finally lift the ceiling which in the past prevented Everton from joining the Premier League elite.

Martinez is under pressure as he enters a week that will define the club’s season ... and perhaps his own future.

Watch — Roberto Martinez speaks before Wednesday's Merseyside derby:

"I’ve had many more signs from fans who see what we are trying to do, and can see where we are going — they know it is going to end up successfully"

But he was relaxed, despite having a major defensive crisis, ahead of Wednesday night’s Merseyside derby and an FA Cup semi-final against Manchester United at Wembley on Saturday.

He told his Tuesday press conference: “I am not stupid.

"I bring a different style of football. If we win the games, everything will be fine, if we lose, everything will be my fault.

“It is about the style of football, not how good you are with that style. I will always promote a style of football that will allow us to compete with any team – and not have a roof of the top seven.

In pictures — Angry fan's pitch invasion protest at Everton vs Southampton:

VIEW GALLERY
An-Everton-fan-runs-on-to-the-pitch-and-confronts-Leon-Osman.jpg

“We need to be a team that can compete with anyone and not have an excuse or a reason not to do that.”

And after yet more abuse from fans he was asked whether he was hurt by the reaction and said: “The honest answer is, from a manager’s point of view, you don’t feel hurt because you need to accept the results are not right. They are not what we expect or what we promote. You are going to get that sort of reaction.

"From a human point of view, we are all aware of what is going on and that can hurt you. But in the same way I’ve had many more signs from fans who see what we are trying to do, and can see where we are going.

"From a human point of view again, it gives you a real drive and satisfaction.

“I’ve had letters and met some fans at the ground who were very supportive. At the U21s game, people showed they care about the football club.

“They have seen flashes of what we are about. Even seeing the team losing, they say they can see a team that has showed so much bravery, and so much attacking play, and so many signs from the players and good young players that they haven’t see before.

"They know it is going to end up successfully.”

That is a bold claim with his team sitting 11th with their lowest EVER home points total four games from the end of the season, but he said: “It gives you the satisfaction that certain fans can see the results of what we are trying to achieve.

Flashback — Everton and Liverpool draw 1-1 in October's reverse fixture:

Everton star Romelu Lukaku's transfer saga takes new twist

Martinez has problems with his defence for the visit to Liverpool.

With Phil Jagielka and Seamus Coleman out, and doubts about Leighton Baines, Aaron Lennon and Tom Cleverley, and he could be forced to play youngster Callum Connolly at Anfield.

PROBABLE TEAMS
Liverpool Mignolet; Clyne, Lovren, Sakho, Moreno; Allen, Milner; Coutinho, Origi, Lallana; Firmino.

Everton Joel; Connolly, Stones, Funes Mori, Oviedo; McCarthy, Besic, Barry; Deulofeu, Barkley; Lukaku.

Ye Gods.......just when I am back up the match tonight I read this garbage.

Is it too late now to fire him before the game tonight?

The funny (not funny) thing about his appointment was how everyone said 'He's a great manager, he only got relegated cos he didn't have the transfer funds at Wigan, he plays great attacking football, with the greater players and funds he'll have at Everton, he'll be a great success'.

How did we not see that it was his 'philosophy' that was the problem, not the players and transfer funds at Wigan, and that he just brought that toxicity over to us!

If our home form matched our away form how many points would we have and where would that put us in the league mate?

*runs

7th with the greatest English player, 2nd highest prem scorer. We need to form a breakaway league, the away games league!
We could be in champs league every year, and also save a fortune as we would not need a new stadium .... phenomenal !!

"Even seeing the team losing, they say they can see a team that has showed so much bravery, and so much attacking play"

That's mental that, does anyone else feel like he's positing himself for another job?

I honestly don't know what kind of a job he is going to get after EFC.

It has become sadly evident he is not a top class coach.

He ain't getting a job at another club of Everton's stature or above.

Nor is he going to become one of that army of go to managers for teams fighting relegation......Big Sam, Pulis, Pardew and their ilk have that market cornered.

Imagine bringing Bobby in to fire fight when you are in the bottom three with half the season gone :Blink:

I don't see him able to mount a challenge nor push for promotion in the rough and tumble that is the Championship.

There is no sign of the Eddie Howes or Sean Dyches about him.

His homeland beckons, I reckon.

A Valencia or a Deportivo or Espanyol......only for that to blow up in his face eighteen months later.

Sad.

Read this about 7-8 times now...

Think I've pulled a different face every time.

"They have seen flashes of what we are about. Even seeing the team losing, they say they can see a team that has showed so much bravery, and so much attacking play, and so many signs from the players and good young players that they haven’t see before.

"They know it is going to end up successfully
.”

I think he's genuinely convinced himself that we walk away from GP goin '...Y'know what, we got beat - again - but I for one am overcome with those flashes of bravery and attack - which has no bearing on the result, I know - but lads...what signs they are eh? What a time to be a blue...'

Do EVERTON employ an in-house crisis team?

They perhaps need to consider one because aside from BOB I reckon it's just a matter of time before POOKIE goes full flip-out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back