Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's that that COYB was taking the micky of mate.

Everybody wants the best for our club.

I'd love us to go for Pellegrini and believe that we indeed have made an approach.

But I think there is certainly an attitude amongst fans of many clubs of a sense of 'self-entitlement' and that nothing but the best etc...

A lot of the time, as we all know, the world doesn't work like that

True about the bit in bold.But it's not self entitlement to demand the best for Everton.That is our club moto.As our former chairman John Moores would say if Evertonians are not getting success then something should be done about it and something will be done about it.Of course striving for something doesn't necessarily mean that you will get it but the important thing is to have that goal and desire of getting Everton back to where it should be and that's number 1.What's the alternative being happy enough with 11th/12th place every season with gallant defeats in cup semi finals?

I was going to e-mail them and ask for a bucket full for my dogs - they love em!
tennisballz.gif

It would be surprising now if we get shot before the end of the season, in my opinion. The time has passed and he will be gone at the end of the Season. Please have a thought that whatever his inadequacies he is not any less of a man than the guy that originally arrived here, just not up to the job in hand! Make sure the next appointment is up to it guys!

Agreed.

I will not be one bit bothered if he sees the season out.

For the umpteenth time, he should have been gone in the twenty four hours after the Saints game.

He wasn't.

Even firing him after Anfield would have given us all a shot in the arm as we headed toward Wembley.

If I had any anger left to summon up, it would be directed against the person who did not act when he should have acted and who knows, we might have had a Cup Final to contemplate over the coming weeks.

But firing him now?

Sod off, Bill.

FWIW I am expecting an announcement over the next day or two that Bobby will be leaving us "by mutual consent" at the end of the season.

Hopefully that will remove any desire for protests at the match and we can all sit down and enjoy the last few games of this torrid season.

Moyes. All day long. Not even close.
I remember when Moyes first started and the team were struggling and there was a rumour that the squad didn't appreciate his 'hardline' management style. Rather than do a Roberto, and pretend everything was 'phenomenal' he listened to his captain and his coaching staff and changed his approach. It worked.....and more power to the man for having such a strong sense of self and being able to look at himself and admit he was wrong. That's a real manager.
There's NONE of that present in Martinez. He doesn't know how to be humble, or self critical. He's completely out of touch with what our club needs to succeed, is totally the wrong man for the job and, in my mind, he's doing untold damage and that needs to be stopped as soon as possible.

The above was from a fan commenting on an article on the Echo comparing David Moyes and Roberto Martinez.My own thoughts is that i think Moyes did the better job.He took over when the club was at a low ebb and made us competitive.He didn't win a trophy and he couldn't win the big games but he did a decent job.Remember we were pretty good in Moyes final season.

Only downside to him getting the chop now instead of the summer is we'll have to put up with the moyes in shouts for longer from his media friends until we appoint someone. Will be unbearable

Only downside to him getting the chop now instead of the summer is we'll have to put up with the moyes in shouts for longer from his media friends until we appoint someone. Will be unbearable

Yeah but so long as Bobby hit's the road then i can live with that.On another note im not sure are the Pellegrini rumours that encouraging.He's had a fairly mixed CV overall and winning the league with moneybags Man City is hardly that much of a hard task.I'd prefer to go for Ronald Koeman or take a chance on Frank De Boer.I actually think Manuel Pellegrini would be an uninspiring appointment.

Perhaps the most telling thing for me that Martinez is gone end of season at the latest is the silence from the board and club.
If he was staying till next season the board would have come out and backed him, particularly after a week like that.

Yeah but so long as Bobby hit's the road then i can live with that.On another note im not sure are the Pellegrini rumours that encouraging.He's had a fairly mixed CV overall and winning the league with moneybags Man City is hardly that much of a hard task.I'd prefer to go for Ronald Koeman or take a chance on Frank De Boer.I actually think Manuel Pellegrini would be an uninspiring appointment.

Pellegrini hasn't won as much as he could have at City but still won a couple of cups and a league title in a far more competitive league than Holland or Portugal. I don't think Koeman's CV is as impressive as people make out, what he's done at Southampton so far is no more impressive than what Moyes managed at his time here imo.

Not saying Pellegrini is the right choice but I'm surprised at how many people turn their nose up at him but then advocate the likes of Koeman and De Boer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back