Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pellegrini hasn't won as much as he could have at City but still won a couple of cups and a league title in a far more competitive league than Holland or Portugal. I don't think Koeman's CV is as impressive as people make out, what he's done at Southampton so far is no more impressive than what Moyes managed at his time here imo.

Not saying Pellegrini is the right choice but I'm surprised at how many people turn their nose up at him but then advocate the likes of Koeman and De Boer.

A league title and 2 league cups at Man City big deal.He strikes as bit of a journeyman manager.It just strikes me as the conservative safe option.The story of this club over the past 20 years.He probably would do a good job but i still think we can do better and show more ambition with our choice of manager.

A league title and 2 league cups at Man City big deal.He strikes as bit of a journeyman manager.It just strikes me as the conservative safe option.The story of this club over the past 20 years.He probably would do a good job but i still think we can do better and show more ambition with our choice of manager.

Well we are a club in transition mate, I think thats what a lot of people are forgetting, we arent "ready" to challenge at the moment, we need major surgery behind the scenes, we need a stadium fit for purpose, so a manager like Pellegrini wouldnt be the worst idea for a few years.

I am assuming you are all messing with me, but I will be obvious.

The 'then' manager of Villareal CF who knocked us out, one Manuel Pellegrini.
He's my man this time too.

( wow.. I never knew he was Villarreal manager when they beat us, but I'm Deffo the only one who would admit not knowing )

He wouldnt be high on my list, but not quite sure we can turn our nose up at somebody who won the League 2 years ago and is a former Real Madrid Manager.

Fair enough, I just think, unlike other managers, he has proved him self doing a great job with the unfashionable, and was able to make the transition to the fashionable big clubs, seemingly with ease.

He's my man this time too.

( wow.. I never knew he was Villarreal manager when they beat us, but I'm Deffo the only one who would admit not knowing )

It would appear I was in the minority.

Fair enough, I just think, unlike other managers, he has proved him self doing a great job with the unfashionable, and was able to make the transition to the fashionable big clubs, seemingly with ease.

It would appear I was in the minority.

I think hes high on the list and if you asked who I think it will be, ive thought for a while it would be him, hes FREE, a big selling point for us, no matter how rich some people think we are.

Favre has beaten Guardiola, and not just because his team showed more fight than Peps. He outclassed Guaridiola tactically- how many managers can boast that accomplishment?

It's quite a story actually. It started with a 0-0 draw at home to Bayern, with which Favre realized how to contain them. Wolfsburg then used these tactics to beat Bayern 4-1. Favre combined both his and Wolfsburgs tactics to beat Bayern 2-0 at the Allianz Arena.

Someone who not only is brilliant enough to tactically match Guardiola, but then improve those tactics to go and beat him. Perfect for a club of our stature. NSNO.

Favre has beaten Guardiola, and not just because his team showed more fight than Peps. He outclassed Guaridiola tactically- how many managers can boast that accomplishment?

It's quite a story actually. It started with a 0-0 draw at home to Bayern, with which Favre realized how to contain them. Wolfsburg then used these tactics to beat Bayern 4-1. Favre combined both his and Wolfsburgs tactics to beat Bayern 2-0 at the Allianz Arena.

Someone who not only is brilliant enough to tactically match Guardiola, but then improve those tactics to go and beat him. Perfect for a club of our stature. NSNO.

Pep aint all dat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back