Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Favre has beaten Guardiola, and not just because his team showed more fight than Peps. He outclassed Guaridiola tactically- how many managers can boast that accomplishment?

It's quite a story actually. It started with a 0-0 draw at home to Bayern, with which Favre realized how to contain them. Wolfsburg then used these tactics to beat Bayern 4-1. Favre combined both his and Wolfsburgs tactics to beat Bayern 2-0 at the Allianz Arena.

Someone who not only is brilliant enough to tactically match Guardiola, but then improve those tactics to go and beat him. Perfect for a club of our stature. NSNO.
I will constantly think of Brett though ?

Already did. I figured it was common knowledge that Pellegrini was in charge of the Villareal side that knocked us out of the CL, but it certainly appears I was wrong.

If you know your history ;)

I do, just that bit slipped my mind...
given who was available and who was or was not going where ever he was my first thought too...I keep flip flopping between Pel &De Boer

I voted for him to be sacked and he has by no means convinced me that he is the man to take us forward anymore. However, I just get a weird feeling that we should be careful as fans what we ask for. Growing reports of fans planning various forms of protests - including a banner calling for Martinez to be sacked isn't the Everton way. If his time comes to an end I wouldn't like the reason to be that just because 'He fell out of favor / lost the fans". If/when sacked, it should be known that his managerial incompetency and mind gobbling choice of words led to his fall which is so far evident.

He could have easily avoided another disastrous campaign had he shifted a bit of attention towards the defence and re-organized it. Having 5 wingers in the side was of no use. He should have added another defender (a RB mainly) and given importance to set pieces and clean sheets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back