Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A league title and 2 league cups at Man City big deal.He strikes as bit of a journeyman manager.It just strikes me as the conservative safe option.The story of this club over the past 20 years.He probably would do a good job but i still think we can do better and show more ambition with our choice of manager.

...but he has such fabulous hair, he's like a sophisticated tramp.

The "Everton Way" if such a thing exists, differs from generation to generation I suppose. I don't recognise today's Everton Way in the slightest. I recognise, underachievement, mediocrity and just downright blagging. But there was always a word for that, it was called failure.

Agreed.
I guess there's always been an 'Everton way'. Without wishing to sound too much like an old f4rt, in Catterick's time it was about stealthy signing players we'd never been linked with and the press had no clue about. Then of course there was the mid-80's ('Howard's way'?) when to be a blue generally meant it didn't matter what the score was after an hour or 70 minutes - you knew we'd still win. How different from the antics of el soft lad.

Different times for sure - not least of all because of the money in the game now (although Leicester City might middle-finger that last point). Either way, abject failure like we've seen over the last 20+ years wouldn't have been tolerated

Honestly cant see RM at the Bournemouth presser tomorrow. He probably will be and ill be gutted, but my gut feeling is he wont be there.

We are a big club who have fallen away, I didn't know any big clubs who haven't dropped away from time to time. We have been off the pace for a while now, granted. We haven't fallen as far as some have done.
Hopefully, with the promised investment and a change of manager we start the climb back to the top.
With some money, possibility with Pelligrini in charge I think we can look forward to a good transfer window and season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back