Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my take on the situation this morning for what it is worth.

Nothing has changed in terms of the big picture, ie that Martinez will not be managing us beyond the end of the season, and most likely not managing us this weekend. We have and continue to talk to very high quality candidates to replace him, as discussed previously, and that process continues.

It's a big day for the city, and Everton will be represented by many of its senior officials at the Hillsborough events today. Thus it's the perfect day to conclude what ever Martinez business needs concluding with all or most present.

Assuming the above, will news be released today? That's a tricky one to judge, if so it's going to be later in the day after the Hillsborough events have occurred (I'm not sure of their precise timings). Alternatively it may be released in the morning prior to the pre-match press conference with whoever is the interim or caretaker manager taking that.

If for whatever reason, the decision is that Martinez continues to the end of the season, then so be it - it will be uncomfortable and give room to those that doubt the ambitions of the board and Moshiri. Even if this was the case (which I doubt) I'm very comfortable with the plans and ambitions he has, for the summer and the development of the club generally.

So Thursday then... or not...maybe...one day at a time.

Nothing has changed in terms of the big picture, ie that Martinez will not be managing us beyond the end of the season, and most likely not managing us this weekend. We have and continue to talk to very high quality candidates to replace him, as discussed previously, and that process continues.

It's a big day for the city, and Everton will be represented by many of its senior officials at the Hillsborough events today. Thus it's the perfect day to conclude what ever Martinez business needs concluding with all or most present.

Assuming the above, will news be released today? That's a tricky one to judge, if so it's going to be later in the day after the Hillsborough events have occurred (I'm not sure of their precise timings). Alternatively it may be released in the morning prior to the pre-match press conference with whoever is the interim or caretaker manager taking that.

If for whatever reason, the decision is that Martinez continues to the end of the season, then so be it - it will be uncomfortable and give room to those that doubt the ambitions of the board and Moshiri. Even if this was the case (which I doubt) I'm very comfortable with the plans and ambitions he has, for the summer and the development of the club generally.
Cheers Esk...the calm in the storm;)

The "Everton Way" if such a thing exists, differs from generation to generation I suppose. I don't recognise today's Everton Way in the slightest. I recognise, underachievement, mediocrity and just downright blagging. But there was always a word for that, it was called failure.

Absolutely right.

Bill's ultimate success has been to con many supporters into a fatalistic trance and an almost mind boggling stance of not being "Kopite" in any way. I have no memory at all of ever first thinking, "Would Kopites do this?" when I started being an active supporter.

Quiet protest without making our feelings really known, as we are always the good, classy guys and we will never break out of that phenomenal showing of character. Then laugh at everyone else for having essentially successful protest...

...and wonder why people pat us on the head.

Because protesting is for cry arse bedwetting Geordies apparently mate. Plucky little Everton should know their place and accept it

All things considered, the "mutual consent " option is the most dignified approach all round. And if that is the new Everton way I'm all for it. No protests, tennis balls, planes, or white handkerchiefs. Just a handshake and a shame it didn't work out. As vociferous as I am against Kenwright I'd have no problem with a similar move, we could wave a fond farewell to Tim Howard as well.

All three of them sailing into the sunset on the great ship Good Servant. Then a return to the real business of running a football club in the most competitive league in the world, with a winning mentality. Now that's the real Everton way.

I worry for him this weekend if he's still the manager, he'll be under massive abuse and pressure as it is anyway and if we go a goal down which is entirely possible it will be horrendous.

Odds are down to 1/7 for Martinez not to be our manager come July.

He's gone, isn't he?
haha yeah he is.

Been gone for a while now, just waiting for the oppertune time to tell everyone.

Or not and have fans protesting for nothing lol Be funny that actually, don't mention it whatsoever and the fans kick off only to find out he is sacked anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back