Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary Neville too - pains me to say it but he knows his football.

Aye was thinking of the current ones, Neville knew his stuff and managed to shelve any bias he has against teams which is the key thing they all need to do and none do.

But as i just said in another thread - Robbie Earl just turned around and said 'It think we are seeing the re-emergance of one of Londons great clubs and its great to see it' - about west ham - famous for once finishing 4th in the league - their highest ever finish in the league ofc, they are a nothing club but are percieved as this sleeping giant when in reality they have never been anything but a yo yo team

It is right that people be cautious - what matters is who we are going to replace him with. If its going to be the likes of Mou / Pellegrini / Vitor, then crack on. If its Hughes / Koeman / Moyes, then we should be a lot less quick to see Martinez out the door.
Very much doubt its the latter really, most pundits are too thick to contemplate that there are more managers in the world than Mark effing Hughes and Moist

Some ex players - noticably some of ours - go the opposite way in order to try to maintin impartiality, in fact they just end up going too far though
Ironic cos the other ex players don't care and talk their team up repeatedly, so they really shouldn't hold back on Everton.

All this concern that he might be back, while I understand where it comes from, is not worth getting worked up over until season end. He could get sacked earlier but I am pretty certain he knows he is gone. I am sorry it didn't work after such a promising start but he has to go. Clearly lost the dressing room and can't address defensive frailties. If the club can save a couple of million by keeping him until seasons end - That is probably the only reason he is still here. They also might be trying to negotiate a buyout.

Most bar those who remember and ourselves, of course, think we are a small club. To a man they laugh when I say we're chasing Pellegrini I don't even mention Jose they'd wet themselves. De Boer is the height of our ambition I'm told, and even then why would he leave a Champions League for us?. It's not their fault they think this but it's up to Moshiri, if he has it about him, to change that mindset and show we are a big club with big ambitions. He'll have his reasons for hanging on to Bobby, not obvious to us, but reasons none the less. Big summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back