Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been more than clear that although he doesn't know exact figures, and exact timings, he knows that a top class manager far and beyond the media names will take over before the start of next season, and be backed with serious cash.

...so he doesn't KNOW then?

Ta.

Just so you know mate, if it's my opinion I say it's my opinion. If it's information received from any of a number of sources then I pass on what I can.

I have said consistently since last Saturday I have no definitive idea of the timing of Martinez' departure. Yesterday at the match I was told it was definitely end of season, then 5 minutes later it could be Monday.

I've got to the point where it is actually not worth asking, it will happen when it happens. The main piece of news is that we will be recruiting a very high profile and quality manager way beyond the expectations of what the media think we can attract, and that person will have very significant sums to deal in the summer months.

Forget this season, it's been a complete write off. Just look forward to a very different future at Everton.

Ta.

See above

Ta.
He knows Martinez is toast and that we're looking at very high profile replacements.

That's enough for me, and there's one thing for sure, he knows a damn sight more than you pal.

The fact that you're still ploughing the same furrow here is hilarious tbh. Death by 1000 cuts this. Carry on mate lol

Davek do you really think Martinez will bring a premier league title or trophies to Everton ? Tbh I Carnt see it at all were nearer to relegation at the moment which is sickening as a fan at the moment
No. And neither will his successor.

Dont listen to anyone telling you there's a title around the corner. Where we're heading if Martinez is allowed to be chased out is a succssion of managers in a very short period of time. The die is cast: no CL after a season or two after spnding decent cash then they're out.

Everton became Geordified and Kopited this season.

A shocking state of affairs when 100 people holding 5 bedsheets between them tell Everton FC what they must do.

1-0 away defeat to Man Utd. No one could have been looking at that as a game we shouldn't lose. They are CL spot contenders.

I'm sorry, but the fume was called faux for very good reason: that's exactly what it is -faux.

The real rage from many of these people (perhaps the bulk) is that they know Martinez has that SF cup tie to fire us to season success. THATS the real game here: fear of that happening. They are literally enraged that we're still in their with a fantastic shot at the cup and ending the season on a historic note.

And that ^^^ is bang on the money, isn't it?

How did the semi go then?

Stubborn eh - moi!??

Everton’s position in the bottom half of the table is so chronic nobody should be too surprised if it brings down the guillotine on Roberto Martínez’s time as manager.

Everton are 32 points behind Leicester and if the charge against Martínez is that he is too wedded to one way of thinking, too lax when it comes to defensive structure and too damn stubborn to do anything about it, it is certainly not eased by a story I heard in the last few days about his time managing Wigan Athletic.

You might remember their 9-1 defeat against Tottenham at White Hart Lane in November 2009, a record defeat for Wigan, a few months after Martínez was put in charge. What is not so widely known is that in the dressing room afterwards Martínez told his players – whose mood, it is fair to say, was collective bewilderment – to continue playing exactly the same way. Wigan duly conceded 79, 61, 62 and 73 goals in his four seasons while Everton are far too vulnerable in the same way. Martínez undoubtedly has qualities but, equally, it is a damning indictment that Leicester’s seven clean sheets from their past nine league games is as many as Everton have managed since September.

Martínez is singled out because of the widespread belief this is Everton’s finest squad for many years but, in fairness, they are far from the only club who could learn a thing or two from the way Ranieri has set up his team.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...y-fantastic-foxes-premier-league-elite-lesson

I recall after Chelsea battered us at Goodison, 3-6. Immediate on full time whistle - Martinez was all smiles. Mourinho had a face of thunder. Post match, Martinez talked up a tremendous game of football, Mourinho was pissed off at conceding 3.

No Everton manager should be smiling after having 6 put past Everton at Goodison.

He knows Martinez is toast and that we're looking at very high profile replacements.

That's enough for me, and there's one thing for sure, he knows a damn sight more than you pal.

The fact that you're still ploughing the same furrow here is hilarious tbh. Death by 1000 cuts this. Carry on mate lol
Ha Ha Ha Ha.

FFS, you actually think we'd get a top class manager replacement?

That's hilarious.

May I ask you who you feel we're in the running to get realistically?

This should be comical.....

You know what this thread really felt like it was crying out for? Someone to come on and bore everyone to tears by persisting with wind ups, that's what the thread really needed.

Why he isn't permanently banned is beyond me

Davek's like Stewart Lee. You don't get him for ages and wonder how he even gets gigs, then at some point it clicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back