Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps. I don't want Martinez from day 1 but he proved me wrong only in his first season. Even not signing that contract he still had three years left. The decision to give him a new one was a really costly one now.
Ye he won a lot of people round that first year after many doubted the appointment. Shame he has proved them all right with our decline since.

First time ever in almost 50 years where I've not bothered watching an Everton match to the end.
Really couldn't be bothered with it !

The 80 people who are undecided or still want him here probably now need to seek professional help.

Out of interest how do you know what compensation arrangements are in place and how much that would be?
We can't possibly know that.

He gets paid roughly £3m a year though, and has a contract until 2019. 3x£3m = £9m, if they pay out just his contract. There's no point in delaying anything if that's the way it's paid off, as at most we'd save on, what, £120k?

He gets paid roughly £3m a year though, and has a contract until 2019. 3x£3m = £9m, if they pay out just his contract. There's no point in delaying anything if that's the way it's paid off, as at most we'd save on, what, £120k?

I wonder if there are break clauses at the end of a season that reduce that amount?

£8m is nothing compared to what they stand to lose if we carry on like this and go down.
It's not even 'go down'. Every league place is worth millonS. If we sacked him before the derby I doubt we'd be where we are now. And if we finish in 16th place (for absolutely fecks sake) we are going to lose out on FAR more than what we would have spent on sacking him and staying 11th.

£1.2m per PL place. We can still finish in the 16th place. We are now 12th...
Im not sure how it works with the TV revenue(in terms of when the bumper contract affects league placement) but I think its far more.

I wonder if there are break clauses at the end of a season that reduce that amount?
Good point, but even then, what's the point of risking losing more money (league placements; and the fans; and the prospects of a better manager; and the prospects of better players joining us, or just not losing our better players) just to save on £1m or so (probably)?

Somehow the word "snake" come's to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back