Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
fair enough

I only passed on what I was told. I won't be doing so again.
Do what you want, but shall I tell you what I think and I'm just using my noodle.

The reason he's still here is the compensation, he's stinking the gaff out, loads from Esk saying we are looking for a new manager, so why turn down a resignation if we are wanting rid and can save several million by accepting.

Doesn't add up does it Tommye, suddenly you've become an ITK, offered to resign?, my logic tells me he has done nothing of the sort.

We have a good squad that are languishing in the lower table, again.

There were critical periods this season where Martinez needed to deliver and be failed pretty much every single one of those opportunities for performance.

That talented team are not playing with any sort of urgency at the moment and while that's a reflection of the manager it also needs sorting out as they are being made millionaires on the back of Everton so they can't justify being shithouses.

But they're for later. The manager position is the priority to be addressed.
Serious question mate.

Is it possible he is doing more damage to the players long term every week they are therefore being "forced" to play under him,his style and complete lack of coaching of their weaknesses?

I believe so.

Were it not for the second half at Wembley giving me hope that they still have some football in them, I feared they were long term damaged and keeping him here would be more detrimental each day.

Do what you want, but shall I tell you what I think and I'm just using my noodle.

The reason he's still here is the compensation, he's stinking the gaff out, loads from Esk saying we are looking for a new manager, so why turn down a resignation if we are wanting rid and can save several million by accepting.

Doesn't add up does it Tommye, suddenly you've become an ITK, offered to resign?, my logic tells me he has done nothing of the sort.
*shrugs

Serious question mate.

Is it possible he is doing more damage to the players long term every week they are therefore being "forced" to play under him,his style and complete lack of coaching of their weaknesses?

I believe so.

We're it not for the second half at Wembley giving me hope that they still have some football in them, I feared they were long term damaged and keeping him here would be more detrimental each day.

Nah mate. The players are damaging themselves foolishly in the process by not lifting a finger during the game.

On Martinez's head though, he picks them and they're obviously not so respecting of him, but nor respecting to Everton too by their lack of trying.

I think the worry for RM may now be the damage this does for his future going forward.

I expect he hasn't left due to the club probably agreeing end of season via mutual termination , to coincide with Moshiri ratifying majority share purchase.

That's all well and good when performances and results are at worst inconsistent. But this is going from inconsistent to consistently awful.

He may well regret not getting booted a month or so ago if we lose In similar fashion Wednesday or Sunday.

It's all turned rather sour.

I don't get for the life of me why everton would turn down his resignation if they plan to sack him in the summer anyway. It's just bizarre and makes no sense.

So for that reason I think it's probably true actually cause it sounds like a typical everton balls up.

Nah mate. The players are damaging themselves foolishly in the process by not lifting a finger during the game.

On Martinez's head though, he picks them and they're obviously not so respecting of him, but nor respecting to Everton too by their lack of trying.
Footballers voting with their feet is nothing new.

They've decided he's a goon and are tanking. Shameful in my view, but it's always been thus in the game.

The club should have acted way before where we are now. It's open dissent and it's turning us into a laughing stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back