Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which part of end of the season are you and many others struggling with?

Just be patient.

It's the logic behind waiting to the end of the season that I, and I'm sure lots of others don't get. We had a great chance of a trophy this year and no one will convince me that we didn't stand a better chance by sacking him prior to Wembley.

If there's a good reason for it then fine I will hold my hands up and applaud their judgement. But I struggle to see why we needed to go through these last two months of getting thumped before we acted? Surely a caretaker wouldn't have been any worse, assuming our target is only available in the summer. Was what we have in store worth that utter humiliation in the derby?

I'm struggling to see how it was....

If Tommy's information is correct and martinez did offer to resign and was refused by the 4 board members who want to keep him until the end of the season and only make changes then than frankly I think Roberto has been ill served by them.

He's going to get dogs abuse for not walking away because the vast majority of fans don't know that he offered to resign or that he's defo not going to be here next year. They just see a manager who is still in a job he can't do and no evidence that the board are unhappy with him.

Exactly my thoughts after reading the last couple of pages. Genuinely bordering on cruel keeping him in charge now, despite his many shortcomings as a manager he doesn't deserve personal abuse and the board are to blame for any he receives now, their silence only serves to fire the fans up. What possible grounds do they have for doing what they've done, I can't fathom it.

What? How?

He bought in after a transfer window - Couldn't invest there
Only owns 49.9, yes agreement in place to become majority owner/shareholder/chairman
Plans in place for Finch Farm
Promises of transfer funds in the summer
Sounding out new managers

He didn't hire the man. To sack him, the board will have to be in agreement, surely.

But yeah, this is clearly his fault. Yes, he's the target.

Clueless.

It was a response to ire being directed at BK for not sacking Martinez these last few weeks. Of course the focus should now be on the majority shareholder for this responsibility...for who else?

It's the logic behind waiting to the end of the season that I, and I'm sure lots of others don't get. We had a great chance of a trophy this year and no one will convince me that we didn't stand a better chance by sacking him prior to Wembley.

If there's a good reason for it then fine I will hold my hands up and applaud their judgement. But I struggle to see why we needed to go through these last two months of getting thumped before we acted? Surely a caretaker wouldn't have been any worse, assuming our target is only available in the summer. Was what we have in store worth that utter humiliation in the derby?

I'm struggling to see how it was....

Agree with you there, I would have liked to see him go post-Wembley but can understand why, if true, they're waiting.

Less squad disruption (Yes he's coaching but they're not seeing youth coaches between youth sessions), chance to get a replacement waiting in the wings to come right in and then a small pay off (Yes probably not a top priority but that's something we would do.)

It's got to the point where I actually despise the man, which is a shame. It shouldn't have got this far. He should of been put out of his misery after the city semi final.

Exactly my thoughts after reading the last couple of pages. Genuinely bordering on cruel keeping him in charge now, despite his many shortcomings as a manager he doesn't deserve personal abuse and the board are to blame for any he receives now, their silence only serves to fire the fans up. What possible grounds do they have for doing what they've done, I can't fathom it.
If that is true, then shame on the board, run by idiots!!!

If Tommy's information is correct and martinez did offer to resign and was refused by the 4 board members who want to keep him until the end of the season and only make changes then than frankly I think Roberto has been ill served by them.

He's going to get dogs abuse for not walking away because the vast majority of fans don't know that he offered to resign or that he's defo not going to be here next year. They just see a manager who is still in a job he can't do and no evidence that the board are unhappy with him.

BS, if he wants to resign, no one can stop him, but what managers/employees do sometimes is present their resignation as an option, something like "I present my resignation if you accept it", a way to say "i wanted to go but they forced me to stay".

I'm not doubting anything or anyone but if Martinez offered his resignation against Watford (which was before three draws and three absolute shocking losses), then why is he still here? I get that people say he is off at end of the season but I don't get why he would really want to put up with all this vitriol considering he offered to go 1 month ago. It's just amounting to a lot of unnecessary hatred that is being directed at the board, Roberto, the players and between fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back