Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As if he's the 14th highest paid manager in world football.

He's an absolute blagger who chats absolute wham, he never answers a question directly, uses ridiculous phrases to put you off the scent and is overly positive about everything. We've basically had the football equivalent of Uri Geller in charge for the past 3 years. And look where his psychological spoon bending persuasion has got him.

Let's not kneejerk and give the next fella a bumper new contract after a one decent season next time.

How anybody can continue to support this passionless clown is beyond me. He's a disgrace to our club never have I seen Everton lack such little fight. I'm not surprised we're in this mess, Martinez isn't a good manager and never was, he took a mid table side to relegation, he's taken a top 8 side to mid table. How he's still got a job is amazing, we could of easily lost 5- 0 yesterday. Personally I think a good idea would be for the fans to simply walk out and not stay for the lap of appreciaton that would send a clear message.

A very close second whilst still no the glory and Win that we all crave ( and in fairness when arguing with the Pro Bob camp on here I have called the first loser) is a damn site better than the tripe we have been served this year though.

I don't disagree....but it's the Eredivisie and De Grafschapp are like Dagenham Reserves. That league unfortunately is no indication of form.

As if he's the 14th highest paid manager in world football.

He's an absolute blagger who chats absolute wham, he never answers a question directly, uses ridiculous phrases to put you off the scent and is overly positive about everything. We've basically had the football equivalent of Uri Geller in charge for the past 3 years. And look where his psychological spoon bending persuasion has got him.

Let's not kneejerk and give the next fella a bumper new contract after a one decent season next time.

That made me laugh. :)

If the board had any sense, they'd do the inevitable now. It's reached Chernobyl levels of toxic. If he were a horse at Aintree the vets would have pulled a tarpaulin over him and reached for the bolt gun

I'm sad to see it. But on Saturday it was clear the players weren't even trying. Which is a disgrace in itself. But it's clearly not going to happen. So why drag it on? We might finish below Swansea who have had an awful season

I must say though that we could still finish above Stoke, who haven't had nearly the same amount of criticism to Mark Hughes, despite him making Stoke the Catalonia of the M6 roadworks queue...

Lack of adaptability has ruined Martinez. Would have probably been laughed at for suggesting the 13/14 season was also largely down to a Moyes molded defence. Yes the Moyes years were getting increasingly unbearable also. At the end of the day, we hired a relegated manger who even the Wigan fans questioned a lot.

Yes his first season was great, but he was riding the wave of what Moyes had installed, and that was a hard to beat mentality, especially playing at home. The possession football is what it is, but you shouldn't abandon the processes of what we were good at previously in stubbornly enforcing your own philosophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back