Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that will be it for him.

At this point I'm not really arsed either way.

I think though, if he goes today/tomorrow, and leaves straight away, then we should be announcing his replacement before the Norwich game if not next week at the earliest.

Announcing he is leaving at the end of the season would perhaps give them a bit more leeway in regards to when they announce his replacement, if you get me?

I was thinking; Everton have not actually sacked a manager since Walter Smith!!! Maybe Kenwright is like one of those people that just stays in a relationship forever, even though it is rotton to the core, because he is too scared to do the honourable thing and end it as he doesn't want to be seen as Mr Nasty?!

In other words we didn't sack Moyes who delivered regular top 6 finishes on a lower midtable budget.

You ask Sheedy when Shearer will start his Cardiff job then lads.

Or Martinez his 100% it's done move to Liverpool .... er... or Villa... er...

He left here as he'd been caught out telling one too many porkies.

Anyway, we've done this one before.

Today is the day, and that's the best thing about it.

Didnt you claim that was me?

I am sure Roberto is a nice guy in general, but if anyone has any experience of working for a manager who is out of their depth at a successful company it really is quite horrific. Often the only way to get rid of someone is for the staff to rebel (down tools) as the owners often only see the charming, social side of the person and not the day to day incompetence. Take a small hit in the short term to recover, rather than allow someone to do irreparable damage.

I suppose you could argue we were at a point where it was not going anywhere and we may have needed fresh impetus but in theory, no.

I agree on that mate, the time was right for him to leave but he hadn't done anything to warrant sacking.

I think there was a bit of animosity towards Moyes in his last few seasons due to our perennial slow starts and bottling major occasions.

But nothing on this scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back