Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at his records in the league in the Premier League, which one seems to be the anomaly and which ones seem to be the standard?
Yeah I know. But every season we've had something to be excited about under Martinez. His first - record points tally, should have got 4th (72 points usually does that tbf), 2nd season - back in Europe and bossed teams, horrible way to go out but it was the best I've seen Everton play in Europe (never saw 80s), this season - semi final of the league cup (actually should have got to final, sterling cross etc etc) and we're off to Wembley for the first time in 4 years so fingers crossed about that.

Honestly think people should be a bit more patience with Martinez, he frustrates me the same as everyone else but he hasn't even had 3 full seasons yet.

Not playing for the manager in a seemingly irrelevant match?
My point is that if they play for the shirt, they should play for the shirt especially at home. They were.....I can't believe it but this is being generous.. ATROCIOUS for the first 70 minutes fo the match.

And if they aren't playing for the manager then he can't change things to help them to do better, ergo he shouldn't be the manager.

1. We're rich enough to buy good players regardless of where we are. See real madrid's manager going to newcastle because of the wages they cna pay. The idea of oh we're 17th we won't get anyone is over. 4 clubs outside england can pay what we cna in wages, we can take juve's best players if we want them.

2. We're 13 points clear of relegation with 9 games left.
Would we be so far off if we didn't have lukaku up front?

Also who will realistically sign for a club who achieve nothing in their league? Pure fantasy to think that we will still sign great players by finishing bottom half every year. Unless you want to just pay more money? Not the best strategy if we are dropping down he league.

So you think we can sign top players in the bottom of half of the league then ? Why's that?

My point is that if they play for the shirt, they should play for the shirt especially at home. They were.....I can't believe it but this is being generous.. ATROCIOUS for the first 70 minutes fo the match.

And if they aren't playing for the manager then he can't change things to help them to do better, ergo he shouldn't be the manager.
I agree

Yeah I know. But every season we've had something to be excited about under Martinez. His first - record points tally, should have got 4th (72 points usually does that tbf), 2nd season - back in Europe and bossed teams, horrible way to go out but it was the best I've seen Everton play in Europe (never saw 80s), this season - semi final of the league cup (actually should have got to final, sterling cross etc etc) and we're off to Wembley for the first time in 4 years so fingers crossed about that.

Honestly think people should be a bit more patience with Martinez, he frustrates me the same as everyone else but he hasn't even had 3 full seasons yet.
But you are ignoring the league play of the last 2 seasons. I get that there is something good in each season, but the league is the bread and butter. If you don't win a cup, the players don't care. And last year's poor league form was blamed on Europe ("we cant handle playing in Europe AND the league, what are you thinking??"). Whats the ridiculous excuse for this year? Not aimed at you but people really can't have it both ways. Hell, dave even says that he wants the cup, but then abhors the idea of Europa for him. So thats next years excuse already sorted should Everton somehow win the FA Cup.

80 from 247 is awful... 80 from 257 is even worse.
You are perfectly entitled to support Martinez and that's fine by me...
However, my opinion differs in that I think a club of the stature of Everton with this current squad should be performing at a higher standard with a better win percentage... And in my opinion, the reasons we're not lie with the managers apparent lack of defensive understanding and poor game management.
Martinez:
Games 134. Won 59. 44%.

Moyes:
Games 518. Won 218. 42%.

Martinez has the well better squad but it's his squad, Moyes would have never had this squad, even with the money we have/have had. He has invested in youth and is being rewarded. I'm not saying keep Martinez forever (or 11 years like Moyes), but I want to see him stay for a little bit longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back