Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's rubbish & hasn't got a clue.

Very nice man but tactically inept & clueless when it comes to game management.

This isn't knee jerk. This is based on 2 seasons now, 7 of the starting line up & 4 of the subs today were players he signed. He has had a net spend of £30m+ over the past 3 years. He's been heavily backed. By contrast Moyes had a net spend of £10m over his 11 years in charge.

He's overseen 9 home defeats this season, the worst home form in 22 years and we've conceded more goals than any team in Europes top 5 divisions.

The only thing saving us from a relegation battle is the miraculously good away form, but the fact that is so different again raises major questions of his managerial ability & consistency.

Tim Sherwood took Villa to a Cup Final but he only lasted another 3 months into the following season. We can't afford to give Martinez any time beyond this season, or waste any of Moshiri's funds.

The number of home defeats - the sheer manner of the defeats, coupled with a complete inability to organise a defence properly, is hugely alarming. The board need to act soon.

What?

Been saying it for months Friend, I even said Moyes shouldnt get the credit either, for the record.

Both Moyes and Martinez "helped" to buy some cracking players, but they have both utterly failed to get the best out of them.

I think we're getting the best out of Lukaku, Barry and Lennon.

Martinez is the manager, he's responsible for players playing like amateurs out there. He's also got to take the credit as head of the team when it comes to the positives. Of course his scouts are doing a good job, but he's their boss, he's accountable for the bad, and the good.

I think we're getting the best out of Lukaku, Barry and Lennon.

Martinez is the manager, he's responsible for players playing like amateurs out there. He's also got to take the credit as head of the team when it comes to the positives. Of course his scouts are doing a good job, but he's their boss, he's accountable for the bad, and the good.

I watched a team full of International players play like a Pub team today.

Whos fault is that?

It shouldn't be either or, a good team would challenge on all fronts not just the one they can get galvanised for.
I wonder who got us rocking against Chelsea, I think it may have been the players themselves!
Playing for the shirt but not the manager maybe?
Then what was today? Because you are home. I honestly can't figure this team out.

No RD it damn well isn't, it's shameful !
It's just a pic that a Martinez out lad has created on paint. Add the wins, draws and losses.. 247?!

The Wigan seasons obviously skew the percentages and goals scored/against stats.

Of course we should be higher than were we are and we should have finished last season higher in the table.

But I am Martinez in. NEA.

Yes that's fantastic, we could well win the trophy, would love it. Having said that, should we go out in the semi would you class this season a success?

'two semis and a midtable finish is good for Everton lad, 15th is as good as 5th y'know. The first team are just out of primary school they need to learn to fail doh'........

'i hated that David Moyes lowering expectations, finishing fifth and loosing in semi finals and finals the utter beaut'

Media have finally seen through his charade. Absolutely abysmal how we are set up to play. We were useless last week as well against Chelsea let's not forget that it took a moment of brilliance from Rom to win that tie.

It's just a pic that a Martinez out lad has created on paint. Add the wins, draws and losses.. 247?!

The Wigan seasons obviously skew the percentages and goals scored/against stats.

Of course we should be higher than were we are and we should have finished last season higher in the table.

Looking at his records in the league in the Premier League, which one seems to be the anomaly and which ones seem to be the standard?

80 from 247 is awful... 80 from 257 is even worse.
You are perfectly entitled to support Martinez and that's fine by me...
However, my opinion differs in that I think a club of the stature of Everton with this current squad should be performing at a higher standard with a better win percentage... And in my opinion, the reasons we're not lie with the managers apparent lack of defensive understanding and poor game management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back