Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Howver, a midtable position and two cup runs to at least the SF spots and some are believing that gets you the sack!

Normally I'd call this out as whatabouthisism. This is a good point though. Under our previous manager, this would probably be viewed as a decent season and certainly not a sackable one for the manager. It's the yardstick or narrative we have set ourselves unfortunately. I've always maintained that Kenwright hired Martinez to go one better, to actually win something. And fair play to both of them, they're still on course. But my opinion is that neither Moyes, Martinez or Kenwright are good enough for the club and that view hasn't changed. Saying that, if we go on and win the cup, I think the appointment of Martinez and to a certain extent Kenwrights reign will be justified. And we'll see how next season goes.

Go out in the semi-finals, by all that is holy, lets feckin' man up and get rid of this deadwood in the summer. My hope is Moshiri will feel the same way and the landscape has changed. Martinez will be sacked and Kenwright will be sidelined. For the first time in awhile, there is a level field emerging, we have an opportunity to re-establish ourselves, why would you want to handicap yourself going into the next season with serial underachievers, chancers and bulls******s?

If R Martinez can get us finishing ahead of West Brom, I reckon we give him til Xmas next season. If he's not got us above West Brom at that stage....give him til the Xmas after.
Wash, rinse, repeat

Normally I'd call this out as whatabouthisism. This is a good point though. Under our previous manager, this would probably be viewed as a decent season and certainly not a sackable one for the manager. It's the yardstick or narrative we have set ourselves unfortunately. I've always maintained that Kenwright hired Martinez to go one better, to actually win something. And fair play to both of them, they're still on course. But my opinion is that neither Moyes, Martinez or Kenwright are good enough for the club and that view hasn't changed. Saying that, if we go on and win the cup, I think the appointment of Martinez and to a certain extent Kenwrights reign will be justified. And we'll see how next season goes.

Go out in the semi-finals, by all that is holy, lets feckin' man up and get rid of this deadwood in the summer. My hope is Moshiri will feel the same way and the landscape has changed. Martinez will be sacked and Kenwright will be sidelined. For the first time in awhile, there is a level field emerging, we have an opportunity to re-establish ourselves, why would you want to handicap yourself going into the next season with serial underachievers, chancers and bulls******s?

Superb post.

And this faith is based on wh

We'll just keep going round in circles mate like this thread, but IMO he'll get it right, and I've pinned my colours to the mast by saying if nothing has changed by next Xmas (I know you feel justified for him to be sacked now) especially after spending the wad of cash I would imagine he is going to get in the Summer, then I'll personally go and drag Martinez out of Goodison and kick him to the kerb, after giving him a few cracks first for letting me down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back