Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we're 11th at Xmas next season, and he had spent a fair few quid in the summer, then he should be gone.

If he does not win the cup this season, give me one valid reason why he should even be in charge next season?

There isn't one sadly. He has bought well does not even stand as he can't even get them to perform to any level of consistency.

We lose time after time at home and have conceded the most goals in the premier league.

Lukaku will get snapped up by a CL side next year and I can't blame him for jumping ship. And unlessMartinez goes he will continue to damage the confidence of the rest of the young players who clearly do not believe in him or his one trick phenomenal philosophy.

The answer is very simple, he needs blasting ASAP. There are other managers out there who would love the chance of managing a club like Everton, he does not deserve that chance any more based on 2 seasons results which have been verging on abysmal.

No need for the insult
Rubbish. Teams in and around us were splashing 10 mill like it was nothing back then. Not many teams outside of the moneyed 4 or 5 have spent 30 mill on one player. Even the brainless cash cows of Newcastle, West Ham etc. They regularly used to outspend Moyes but not many teams have got near that 30 mill fee.

How is spending 30mil on one player different to other teams spending more cash on a group of players? They've still spent more. What a load of bollocks you've posted as usual.

The level of quality of course.

Go wang yourself in a skip

So Martinez is given 30 million, mcclaren is given 30 million.

Martinez attracts and buys a 30 million player, mcclaren chooses instead to buy 3 10 million players. Result being martinez has a higher quality of players.

Good for martinez, surely. He's used his resources better. Good skill for a manager to have.

How is spending 30mil on one player different to other teams spending more cash on a group of players? They've still spent more. What a load of bollocks you've posted as usual.

The point was that Martinez has had more cash than Moyes. One manager was forced to sell his best players and often didn't get the money to reinvest. He was shopping in the bargain bin and the rubbish loan market with occasional purchases in line with the rest of the league for players like Yakubu and Johnson. The other manager has never had to sell any player he didn't want to, indeed we turned down an eye watering amount for a 20 year old centreback. He's been given any money he's raised through player sales, he's been allowed to have expensive loan players and then reward some of them with long contracts, and on top of all that he was given the sort of cash to blow on one player that other teams outside the big 5 have not matched. Yet you are trying to make out that in some way both managers are operating in similar financial situations? Couldn't be further apart.

Point for pounds Moyes is in a different league to Martinez.

I love how so many of the fans on here are basically saying they don't care about the league anymore because we have a better chance in the cup. You know what that sounds like don't you?

So when our best players are asking to leave because of.poor league form, it won't matter because we have a good cup run. When we struggle for creativity and goals because those players have been poached, doesn't matter, as long as we do well in the cup.

When we are fighting relegation because our team is poor because not every player we sign is fantastic and can adjust to the league, doesn't matter because we are doing well in the cup.

Hell, if we go and get relegated because of it, won't matter because we have won the cup on the way.

For those who think I'm talking out my arse here, poor league form for two years and dropping down the league is literally what I have described above. It just takes longer than a year to really kick in, as villa have shown.

I love how so many of the fans on here are basically saying they don't care about the league anymore because we have a better chance in the cup. You know what that sounds like don't you?

So when our best players are asking to leave because of.poor league form, it won't matter because we have a good cup run. When we struggle for creativity and goals because those players have been poached, doesn't matter, as long as we do well in the cup.

When we are fighting relegation because our team is poor because not every player we sign is fantastic and can adjust to the league, doesn't matter because we are doing well in the cup.

Hell, if we go and get relegated because of it, won't matter because we have won the cup on the way.

For those who think I'm talking out my arse here, poor league form for two years and dropping down the league is literally what I have described above. It just takes longer than a year to really kick in, as villa have shown.

As if.

The point was that Martinez has had more cash than Moyes. One manager was forced to sell his best players and often didn't get the money to reinvest. He was shopping in the bargain bin and the rubbish loan market with occasional purchases in line with the rest of the league for players like Yakubu and Johnson. The other manager has never had to sell any player he didn't want to, indeed we turned down an eye watering amount for a 20 year old centreback. He's been given any money he's raised through player sales, he's been allowed to have expensive loan players and then reward some of them with long contracts, and on top of all that he was given the sort of cash to blow on one player that other teams outside the big 5 have not matched. Yet you are trying to make out that in some way both managers are operating in similar financial situations? Couldn't be further apart.

Point for pounds Moyes is in a different league to Martinez.

Moyes also was managing us in - all-in-all - a completely different era regarding the spend of other sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back