Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes something happens to put things into perspective. My wife and I are babysitting my wife's first grandchild, Joseph. His mum - my stepdaughter - and I never really got on when she lived with us, but things have improved greatly since Joseph arrived and, over time, I have become his favourite 'grandad'. Both of Joseph's parents had been worried that he was still not walking (he was born on Boxing Day 2014 so he's coming up to 15 months old). Joseph and I were alone in the room when I stood him up at arm's length, let go of his hands. He stood, swayed a little and then took his first steps as he walked towards me. I called everyone into the room and told them what happened, then tried it again. Again he walked towards me and there were gasps, smiles, tears and, at last, total acceptance that I'm not so bad after all.

I'm not ashamed to say that I shed a few tears too.

I forgot to mention that the thing that attracted little Joe might not have been me, but what I was (and still am) wearing.
everton-home-shirt-1.webp

Not taking away from a gutless display with most of the midfield hiding for most of it, most of all barkley, I have to say Arsenal were very good indeed.

If i make a mistake in work I'll just blame my manager now. Quite good that.

Surely the players do there own preparation for a game also?
If you can't do excel spreadsheets and your manager keeps on giving you excel spreadsheets to do even tho you mess up all the time, who's fault is that?

Not taking away from a gutless display with most of the midfield hiding for most of it, most of all barkley, I have to say Arsenal were very good indeed.
Yes they were very good. The thing I would like to ask is what is the reason for Evertons excellent away record and their terrible home record. Its not like we are poor every week just extremely inconsistent.

If you can't do excel spreadsheets and your manager keeps on giving you excel spreadsheets to do even tho you mess up all the time, who's fault is that?

If your a professional at it then its your fault..

They are professional footballers. Surely Besic wasn't think damn them bad passes i made, Robertos fault that.. Didn't prepare me to pass it to a blue shirt.

He's the sixth highest paid manager in the league lads, taking us to our second bottom half finish in a row, with the worst home defence in Europe, with the best squad in 30 years. We can afford better, we can attract better, so why are we putting up with this comic book character?

At Wigan.....

At Everton it's all relative, Sky money has gone through the roof the last 5 years. We spent the equivalent of the Lukaku fee on players like Yakubu and Johnson.

Rubbish. Teams in and around us were splashing 10 mill like it was nothing back then. Not many teams outside of the moneyed 4 or 5 have spent 30 mill on one player. Even the brainless cash cows of Newcastle, West Ham etc. They regularly used to outspend Moyes but not many teams have got near that 30 mill fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back