Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah spot on its up to him now walk the walk or walk the plank

Yep and if we have a poor end to the season no one can turn round and say it's a knee jerk decision because it will be 2 poor seasons of results.

Hopefully it won't come to that and he wins 12 league games on the spin and the FA Cup but if not, he, along with any other staff connected to Everton Football club will be closely scrutinised I should imagine as Nil Satis Nisi Optimum comes back into play

Yep and if we have a poor end to the season no one can turn round and say it's a knee jerk decision because it will be 2 poor seasons of results.

Hopefully it won't come to that and he wins 12 league games on the spin and the FA Cup but if not, he, along with any other staff connected to Everton Football club will be closely scrutinised I should imagine as Nil Satis Nisi Optimum comes back into play
If he takes us up to 6th or 7th regardless of a cup run i will get behind him but i still think he will take us the other way because he is out of his depth.

Pressure is on him this summer. He should have a good transfer kitty and expectations have been raised by this takeover. We won't accept midtable next season so he simply has to get it right.

If the new investment means what we hope it means then i'm less concerned about Martinez now.

I've long thought that he was wasting what could be our best ever chance to progress and make a mark, and was worried that if he carried on the way he's been going then we might never get back to a position where we were on the verge of making a breakthrough. If we're going to have consistent investment though, that scenario becomes much less likely, and so i'm less inclined to think he needs to be pushed out of the door in the summer. The flip side of that is obviously that if he is given substantial sums in the summer then he must get off to a flyer in order to show he's capable, otherwise I doubt he'll see Christmas.

The £100 mill only cranks up the press on the manager. Coming in from Arsenal Moshiri knows what has been happening in the Premiership. He will already have an opinion on how the club is being managed. While all this is pure speculation I would think Moshiri already knows what is going to happen. He is not going to trust that sort of money to someone unless he has complete confidence in him.
Everton have the basis of a good side, that money could bring in 5 or 6 players who would bring us to the very top, Europe's biggest managers will now become interested, it was well and good to hang onto Martinez to see how far he can develop when there is no one better to replace him, now he has to compare favourably with Europe's best.
Interesting times.

The rest of this season will be very important for Martinez.Anything less than a serious attempt at winning the FA Cup and a serious attempt at getting a top 6 place will be failure.Im not too bothered about the managerial situation now to be honest because we have the finances now to get someone like Frank De Boer in as manager if Martinez fails to deliver.Why stick it out with a manager who is not getting results when we have the finances to get in a manager who has more than a relegation and FA cup win on his CV.Just because we could only afford the cheap option at the time doesn't mean that we have stick with it now when we have the finances to afford better.The heat is on.Stand up and deliver or get off the stage.

Last edited:
He should go in the summer and (barring a cup final or a late surge) I think he will. We're closer to the bottom 3 than the top 4 Ffs. With arguably our best squad in several years in a substandard league.
New owners generally seem to like picking their own guys. Would probably prefer a director of football setup as well.

He should go in the summer and (barring a cup final or a late surge) I think he will. We're closer to the bottom 3 than the top 4 Ffs. With arguably our best squad in several years in a substandard league.
New owners generally seem to like picking their own guys. Would probably prefer a director of football setup as well.

Nice input Jim.

FUMING with Bobby's team selection tonight.

Playing two wingers and trying to beast Villa on the counter.

Catalan Clown / Coco / Fartinez / El Fraudo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back